So my education has finished for the time being and my parents want me to go out a get a PART-TIME job.

so my question to you UGers who obviously have great gear, how do you get a job??
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Just go round random shops and ask if they have any part time jobs available.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Well it's easy now since it's summer, lots of stores will be hiring now, first eliminate what jobs you don't want; Bus boy, burger joint cook, ect... Then go around to the places that you'd like to work at and ask if they're hiring.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
ask for an application, fill it out, turn it in a day or so later, then theyeither hire you or they don't
so you just go and ask??? too smegging simple, whats the catch? to i have to play twister with the manager?
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
I just went into supermarkets and asked if they'd any jobs available or any application forms.

They'll either have one somewhere or ask your address and post out. If they looking for people they'll ask you to an interview some day and if they like you they'll accept you. At least thats how I landed in a job.
The catch is...they don't employ you. I've been trying for months and not one call back. Even after two rewrites of the ol' CV. Maybe I'm just a cunt.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
my mum wants me to get a job too. most of my firends have jobs so i got them all to get me an application form. so i got about 5 sitting in my room. i just have to fill them out.

i'll do it soon
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
I've actually got a job today. I'm quite cautious, though, as they didn't seem to bothered whether I had experience and have employed me without even asking for an interview.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens.

Just write a load of CVs/Resumes and hand 'em out to places you fancy working at (Advisably something in retail).
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Its quite funny because they didn't really care what I said after they read my GCSE and AS level grades.

They then talked about there'd be a 6 week training period. I'm going to work in a supermarket, tell me how to open the till and where to clock in and out and collect my cheque, and I think I'll be able to figure the rest out myself. They talked that I could become supervisor in 2 years with my grades (I'd still be at uni so I'd welcome extra summer and weekend money). I reckon it'll be a handy job and the manager and manageress seem friendly and very casual. Can't wait til 2 weeks time when get pay check for this comign week.
Walk in to the shop,
Find an employee,

say,

"hey i was wondering if you had any vacences?"

Then they will say yes or no.

If its yes go "is it part time?"

Hopefuly they will say yes.

Fill in the sheet they give you.

If they say no go oo, thanks but its not quite what im looking for and leave

SiMpLe AS...!

GOOD LUCK
i wanna work in my local guitar store but ones a massive chain and the other is soo tiny they might not afford it.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Look in the jobs section of your newspaper.
And, if you've finished school, get a full time job. Daytime TV leeches your IQ faster than being in The Pit.
Quote by MightyAl
Look in the jobs section of your newspaper.
And, if you've finished school, get a full time job. Daytime TV leeches your IQ faster than being in The Pit.

no wai...really?

damn ive already whatched to much jeremy kyle.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Toms' anominous
no wai...really?

damn ive already whatched to much jeremy kyle.

Jeremy Kyle is f*cking rancid. At least some of them make a pretence of neutrality, but that guy... he's always like "you're a terrible human being, and you shouldn't be a father/mother/alive".
You're better off fapping all morning.
Im going too do landscaping over the summer, (Mowing Yards, Weed-Eating, Other random jobs) .. Usually people pay really good for that, epecially in Rich neighborhoods.
Make a resume and print off a bunch of copies and just hand them out everywhere. Jobs can be tough to find sometimes, and a lot of the summer positions are probably filled by now, so you're probably not gonna have the luxury of being picky.
don't forget to be dressed nice when you ask for application forms and such. usually if you come in dressed all ratty and ask the manager for a form or something, they'll say no, just because they don't think you're the kind of person they want working for them.