Hi, I don't really know why I made this thread. But I just wanted to say the version of this song with the solo(Guitar Hero II), is crazy as hell. Major props to the man with the KFC hat.
Be cool.
ha, my friend was playing it last night.
It sounds like a bunch of beep bops from a video game, but the killswitching is cool.
When the solo comes in, its just a plethora of notes to hit, and hes like "WTF! HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO PLAY THAT!"
Quote by -heartbreaker-
ha, my friend was playing it last night.
It sounds like a bunch of beep bops from a video game, but the killswitching is cool.
When the solo comes in, its just a plethora of notes to hit, and hes like "WTF! HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO PLAY THAT!"

Ok, I was about to say...your friend has MAJOR SKILLS if he can play that solo. How can anyone but Buckethead supposed to play that...
Be cool.
What I meant by "my friend was playing that" is not the same as him getting it right, haha.
Haha. I beat every song.

But seriously.. wrong thread. Should be in the pit cuz its not a real guitar.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by thrash64
Haha. I beat every song.

But seriously.. wrong thread. Should be in the pit cuz its not a real guitar.

Sorry, should have specified. I am talking about the real song, I just meant the version recorded for Guitar Hero II. But I actually do mean playing it with the actual guitar.
Be cool.
so your friend was trying to play that.
i could probably learn that if i really tried to, it would take a pretty good while though.

EDIT: im talking about a real guitar, ive never played guitar hero in my life.
I can play the solo on a normal electric guitar (no guitar hero crap)
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Quote by that1l)ude
so your friend was trying to play that.
i could probably learn that if i really tried to, it would take a pretty good while though.

The real thing? Sorry man, I highly doubt that. That solo is absolutely ridiculous, and unless you are a prodigy....
Be cool.
Quote by arondadi
I can play the solo on a normal electric guitar (no guitar hero crap)

BS on that one.
Be cool.
Buckethead is one of my top 3, he is truly a genius.

Sadly, I don't like Jordan that much. You should check out some of his other stuff, my personal favorite song is soothsayer. Youtube it.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
The real thing? Sorry man, I highly doubt that. That solo is absolutely ridiculous, and unless you are a prodigy....

there is someone up their who said he could.
and yes i could. not trying to be an asshole, but i can play about anything if i try. everyone gets to that point when you practice 8 hours a day.
that being said i hardly ever learn hard songs, i'm more content with just jamming on easier ones.

Edit btw i have tab for this in a magazine the hardest lick is the first one in the solo (the one with nothing behind it). the rest isn't as hard as it sounds.
Last edited by that1l)ude at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by Lightitup

Sadly, I don't like Jordan that much. You should check out some of his other stuff, my personal favorite song is soothsayer. Youtube it.

I think Jordan is cool, but I agree, it doesn't show too much of Buckethead's skill. I just like the crazy speed in the solo.
Be cool.
buckethead is insane, and so is that solo. but i agree with that other kid up there, the guitar hero version of the solo is ten times harder than the real guitar haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
buckethead is insane, and so is that solo. but i agree with that other kid up there, the guitar hero version of the solo is ten times harder than the real guitar haha

Is it just me, or do songs on Guitar hero always seem harder than the real guitar. Like on Sweet Child O' Mine, I can barely play that on GH 2, but i can play it perfect on real guitar?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Is it just me, or do songs on Guitar hero always seem harder than the real guitar. Like on Sweet Child O' Mine, I can barely play that on GH 2, but i can play it perfect on real guitar?

i think its because we're not used to it. we're going from 22 frets and six strings and tons of different scales and patterns, to five colored buttons
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
i think its because we're not used to it. we're going from 22 frets and six strings and tons of different scales and patterns, to five colored buttons

5 evil buttons...
Be cool.
brian carroll is good but half of the jordan solo sounds like musical gibberish to me
welcome to buckethead town is much better
I am a great fan of buckethead's unconventional approach to the guitar, the percussive techniques with the killswitch, used in playing the opening to Jordan are what attracts me to that song especially. As for solo's i would say either nottingham lace or binge and grab come to my head instantly, still try to learn the run's in binge and grab's solo.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
I am a great fan of buckethead's unconventional approach to the guitar, the percussive techniques with the killswitch, used in playing the opening to Jordan are what attracts me to that song especially. As for solo's i would say either nottingham lace or binge and grab come to my head instantly, still try to learn the run's in binge and grab's solo.

same here.
Be cool.
Quote by Lightitup

Soothesayer kicks ass...as does bucket... jordan is very hard to paly but i dont tihnk it sounds as good as soothsayer.
buckethead is my favorite guitarist

I agree, soothsayer is way better than jordan
Are you getting a healthy amount of fibre?