Hi when I got my guitar re-stringed I took off the backplate cover thingy (made of plastic) and I gave it like to the guy in the shop.Now i'm just wondering if i should keep it off. I saw a video on youtube where a guy was re-stringing a Strat-type guitar and said that all the guys he knows leave theirs off because they dont really protect anything. With the cover off 3 large springs are exposed.. So do you think I should put the cover back on or leave it off? Sorry for stupid question but I was just curious
Well my mates has an ibanez and he just leaves it off.. im gettin one once i sell my Les Paul, il leave mine on based on looks. Its really up to you. It doesnt make a difference of what i know of..
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Aesthetics as far as I know. Could help eliminate a small amount of feedback.

John Frusciante is one guy I know of who keeps it off.
I've had an idea - say if you were wearing a belt and the buckle went in the hole surly it would make the tremelo move or the guitar to go out of tune. Never really thought of that before that might be why it's there.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
I'd leave it one. Mine would get caught on stuff like my belt buckle.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
I keep mine off
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I keep mine off, it doesn't really need to be on. It's all about personal preferance though, think to yourself "do I wan't to keep it on, or leave it off?" then you'll have your answer.
Quote by guitar is yummy
I've had an idea - say if you were wearing a belt and the buckle went in the hole surly it would make the tremelo move or the guitar to go out of tune. Never really thought of that before that might be why it's there.

nah, i leave mine off AND wear a big pointy belt, and some keys haging off my trousers, and altho it does occassionally brush th springs, it doesnt have any effect on the tuning, and makes only the tiniest sound, if nothing
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Off. Doesnt affect anything, and if you need to adjust, its a pain in the ass to remove and reattach.
BTW: John Mayer also keeps the back of his strat
almost everyone keeps it off. its just for the look as far as i know. i dont think its makes the sound any better or anything and nothing bad will happen if you leave it off. i like the old used guitar look and it kinda adds to that look imo.
If you have a Strat and have $300 to spend, buy the Suhr backplate cover. It eliminates 60-cycle hum from single coil pickups.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jun 17, 2007,