DR Rainbows .9's or .10's guitar center has them on clearence
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
It depends on what kind of tuning and genre you play.
Buy like .11 if your usually in drop c or so.
Quote by Jonakin
It depends on what kind of tuning and genre you play.
Buy like .11 if your usually in drop c or so.

Mostly standard tuning. What about the wound G string?
the lighter the guage the lighter the string. 9's are thinner then the 10's or 11's, they are easier to bend...and they are much easier on your fingers, but they dont last as long. But if you play a lot of punk or numetal bands, a lot of them like to do drop d, or drop C, and thicker strings are tyipically better for this...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I'm a fan of Ernie Ball Slinkies. .10 gauge and lower generally sound brighter and are a bit easier to play on. .13 and higher are heavier and thicker, and sound...heavier and thicker. .11 and .12 are inbetween. So what gauge you use is personal preference. I use .10 gauge strings.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I went from Ernie Balls to D'adarios to Ernie Balls to D'adarios to DD's...then I stopped for a while...then I came back to D'adarios.

I say go try Ernie Balls first and see how you like them...then DD's...then D'addarios.

You should always try to mix and match until you found one that perfectly suites you...unless if you have a gig that same week or something...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
On a hollowbody like a 335, i personally prefer a wound G, it gives a warmer tone to compliment a warmer instrument... Also when I played a 335 it had 11s on, standard tuning.

I thought this was lovely, although a little heavy on the hands after a while.

I think the best bet if you're not sure id to get some d'addario 10-46 on there and see, sets of strings don't break the bank, and it's definatly worth going through loads of differnt makes and guages till you find what you're happy with...

I afraid when it comes to strings, other people's opinions count for s hit...

- Rich
^Tis' very true.

Like I said, TS, you should just keep trying out strings to see which suites you best.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
09-light gauges=break fast, easy to bend
10-standard=last alot longer, heavier tone.
and so on.... try the ghs boomers. theyre real bright and they feel great.
id rec. getting the 09s first because u prob. wont know when theyve lost their tone if u get heavier strings. plus theyre very easy to bend
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I used to use Ernie ball but they only last for a few weeks before going dead. I use D'Addario 10-52's but it depends on your playing style and prefered genres. Strings are really a personal prefence to what is best. Different strings are better for different people. Go out there and give some a shot. Better brands are Ernie Ball, Dunlop, D'Addario, DR, GHS, Dean Markley.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM