My amp is staring at me. It is laughing at me, telling me that I look like a complete ass because I can't figure out how to get the damn thing open! Graag. How the heck do you get the chassis out of a VJ combo? I've opened up the back, that's easy. I can't figure out the rest, though. Help?
there should be some plastic buttons on the top that conceal the screws that mount it to the cabinet...
Yeah, I just figured that out about a minute after I posted this. Now I just have to wait for the filter caps to drain.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Yeah, I just figured that out about a minute after I posted this. Now I just have to wait for the filter caps to drain.

Wait? Discharge them yourself - get a 1M 1W resistor and hold it across the filter caps with a good pair of insulated pliers. Not the safest way, but it gets the job done.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Wait? Discharge them yourself - get a 1M 1W resistor and hold it across the filter caps with a good pair of insulated pliers. Not the safest way, but it gets the job done.

im pretty sure it has a cap bleed already in there, they discharge themselves, though i dont trust it, ive felt that kind of power and it isnt fun

though its easier to set yourself up with a couple screwdrivers and an appropriate resistor, makes things easier to handle, and its safer too

edit: or if you're in a jam, you can ground your wrists to the wall and hope for the best
Quote by sempri_fi
im pretty sure it has a cap bleed already in there, they discharge themselves, though i dont trust it, ive felt that kind of power and it isnt fun

though its easier to set yourself up with a couple screwdrivers and an appropriate resistor, makes things easier to handle, and its safer too

edit: or if you're in a jam, you can ground your wrists to the wall and hope for the best

Just go the old school way - with a screwdriver. We discharged some caps last night and managed to melt the leads apart. I thought it was rather interesting
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^nah, the old school way is to get some little kid to lick his fingers and grab the leads
Quote by sempri_fi

The head has bleeder resistors but all the combos i've seen don't...
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The head has bleeder resistors but all the combos i've seen don't...

ah
good call

i thought he was talking about the head

either way, you opening them is the same.
Quote by the_random_hero
Just go the old school way - with a screwdriver. We discharged some caps last night and managed to melt the leads apart. I thought it was rather interesting

Thats what I do when I'm messing with my VJ
Not taking any online orders.