So I just got a brand new computer and i need to know how to get the songs off so i can store them somewhere in case i loose all my songs which happens to me at least 3 times every 6 months. Anyone know any good programs?

thanks!
--
...and the world sighed in relief
you want to get songs off your ipod onto your PC?
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
There's plenty of freeware to rip songs off iPods to your PC. Try PodUtil or iDump (lol).
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You could...Go my computer>folder options>view>show hidden files.
Then just copy all the songs from the ipod (in my computer in one of the drives) to where thee wishes
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
Quote by Rhys90
Then just copy all the songs from the ipod (in my computer in one of the drives) to where thee wishes

+1
Glad to see there is someone here who can actually use a PC
Quote by Rhys90

that's how i do it
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
yeah just use iDump. its very easy
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by Rhys90

The iPod has to be enabled for disc use, of course. The iPod "drive" is called "J Drive" I think.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
That guy Rhys90 is ne of the greatest computer genious out thereand we must found s religion to honor him
If you have songs on your Ipod you should also have them on your computer . Look for a file called "Itunes Library"
Quote by thewho65
If you have songs on your Ipod you should also have them on your computer . Look for a file called "Itunes Library"

No, he's got a new PC, and therefore won't necessarily have his music on his iPod on it.

Its happened to me before, I think I just used freeware, because when I tried to take the songs off it manually, they were renamed weirdly (random jumbled numbers and letters). Anyone know how to get around this problem?
Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Confusius or Marmoseti to join
Quote by Dr Rock
No, he's got a new PC, and therefore won't necessarily have his music on his iPod on it.

Its happened to me before, I think I just used freeware, because when I tried to take the songs off it manually, they were renamed weirdly (random jumbled numbers and letters). Anyone know how to get around this problem?

when you add the songs to your library the should go back to normal, all mine did except one.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by darkstar2466
There's plenty of freeware to rip songs off iPods to your PC. Try PodUtil or iDump (lol).

For some reason the fact that you put (lol) after iDump made me laugh
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Chimpy101
+1
Glad to see there is someone here who can actually use a PC

Well you've obviously never done it. They're all renamed to 4 letters, like JQWS, or WCPK. Though you can see their name in WMP (don't know about other media players), you'd have to rename all by hand. A ****ing long task if you have a lot of songs. Even over 100 is annoying. Try doing 900.