I'm looking to get other strings when my strings break, but i'm having trouble what strings to choose, i'd say d'addario's XL 10's, the ones I have now are dean markley's 10, i guess d'addario's are better, but what's the price? I payed €7 for the Dean Markley's
Quote by panicalittle
get some Ernie Ball slinky strings
those are the best!!

thats your opinion..

it depends on what your lookin for really.. i always go with super slinky but thats me
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by panicalittle
get some Ernie Ball slinky strings
those are the best!!

^totally...... guitar or bass ernie balls are the best....
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
+1 with the Ernie Balls, though not because they're inherently the best; just cos i like them.
Im probably the only one who likes the feel and sound of Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. Stick with about a 10 gauge if youre new and playing in standard tuning.
ill also suggest ernie ball. thats all i use. they're about 10 bucks a pack. a lot of strings usually dont go over 10 bucks unless its elixir strings or something. im talking canadian dollars. im not sure what that sign you used means. is that pounds?
+1 with the super slinkys. i really don't think the brand of strings matters that much, but the gauge is important. i use medium gauge strings usually.... switch guages to get a different tone....
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
I go for the Dadario 10's because you can buy them in bulk for cheap on musicians friend
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Don't listen to all the people that say any kind of string is the "best". Everything about strings is personal preference. For example, Elixirs are my favorite, but I know people who hate them. So just try out different gauges and brands and see which ones you like best.

i personaly always use lightest gauge dean markley blue steels but thats just my personal oppinion.
what i did when i first started playing was i tryed tons of different brands and kinds till i found what kind i liked best
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
ill also suggest ernie ball. thats all i use. they're about 10 bucks a pack. a lot of strings usually dont go over 10 bucks unless its elixir strings or something. im talking canadian dollars. im not sure what that sign you used means. is that pounds?

That's Euro, if I see the price, i'd say ernie balls, but what does that slinky and super slinky and such stuff mean? Are those lighter gauge strings?
Is there a big difference in quality between the slinky's or not?
Quote by poipoi
Is there a big difference in quality between the slinky's or not?

Between different packs of slinky brand strings, there is no difference in quality. Between different brands, there may be differences in quality. The best thing for you to do is just try a lot of different brands (assuming you're sticking to .10 gauge strings) and find which ones suit you. A lot of people on UG will recommend either Ernie Ball, D'addario or DR strings, so they may be good starting points for you.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by The Overlord
Between different packs of slinky brand strings, there is no difference in quality. Between different brands, there may be differences in quality. The best thing for you to do is just try a lot of different brands (assuming you're sticking to .10 gauge strings) and find which ones suit you. A lot of people on UG will recommend either Ernie Ball, D'addario or DR strings, so they may be good starting points for you.

Thanks, i'll try those three brands, sticking with the .10 gauge, if I have a brand, i can still try different gauges...
i love GHS boomers, if you can afford a few bucks more go for the SUB-ZERO Boomers
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Just one more question, what gauge should i get if i regularly drop tuning to half a step, 1 step down and drop d, and meanwhile also play standard?
Quote by poipoi
Just one more question, what gauge should i get if i regularly drop tuning to half a step, 1 step down and drop d, and meanwhile also play standard?

10's will be perfect for half a step to drop D stuff, and obviously for standard stuff too, they're good.

My general opinion, however, and my personal preference, is to use the G, B and high E strings with the equivalent of 9's, then the low E, A and D with the equivalent of 10's. So essentially, it's like the Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings, but with a lower gauge.