Page 1 of 6
My friend thinks that Herman Li is the best guitarist in the world, and I know this isn't true, so I want to prove him wrong. Trouble is, I don't know of that many guitarists. So can someone do me a favor and post a video of a guitarist who's better than Herman Li?
I'm a person.
David Gilmour would suffice, but if you show him that he'll just ditch him. So, Michael Angelo Batio, or Shawn Lane.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by gallagher2006
He's a pretty great guitarist, probably the best. Who knows?

Is he a solo artist or he's in a band
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
there are none

herman li is god
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by mathieupM13
Is he a solo artist or he's in a band

He's From Dragonforce I think
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
You cant say any guitarist is better than any other guitarist.
Its all opinion.

If hes talking about speed, theres much faster.
Spastic Ink
Listen to Shawn Lane's Gray Piano's Flying.

Or if you want to go straight technical proficiency...

Joe Satriani - Devil Slide
Steve Vai - Bad Horsie
Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggios from Hell
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Ok, you cannot judge the best guitarist in the world. You cannot compare guitarists of different styles to eachother. He can shred, but compared to some classical guitarists, no way!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Twist of fate
Tell all your friends Herman Li is cool or I will sh*t on your head

LMAO. haha, I saw that video. I think Buckethead is a lot better than Herman Li.
Be cool.
li is just fast.he relys on his enhancment pedal too much
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Herman Li sucks, tell him to listen to some B.B. King, or Tony Iommi. But if he wants speed go with Yngwie or Battio
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
If he means great technicaly show him some Vai or something.
If he is just talking about the greatest Gilmour the best way to go show him some stuff off Animals or Whish You Were Here.
Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "we'll have another round"!
I think my friend would respond better to a guitarist who can play faster than him. But as I said, I don't know of any. Herman is the lead guitarist of Dragonforce, btw. Some magazine or some **** voted him the best in the world.
I'm a person.
As much as I hate him sometimes, Yngwie.

Or show him Speed Metal Symphony.

Or just show him a live Dragonforce video. He'll realize how much of an idiot he is.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
show him MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO

that dudes insane
and if he doesnt play guitar he'll ook even better to him
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
there'll never be a greatest guitarist among guitarists.. all guitarists are great with their respective music.. music is not competition. it's about expression.
not a seed of adam nor of abraham, but of the finest angel that was banished from heaven...
Like I said, show him Satriani's Devil's Slide. Or better yet, some Al Di Meola.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
dave murray?
Quote by Sinforsale

"How can you even understand that?" my friend told me it sounded like a Donkey was getting raped by a giant panda bear.
i dont like Herman Li at all and i think old guitarist are 20X better like Stevie Ray Vaughan Jimi Hendrix Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page etc. They had great music and rhythm which i dont think Herman Li has any rhythm
I played Herman Li 1 0n 1 in basketball one day. I pwned his ass. Dude plays like a girl.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Do yall seriously think Herman Li is a good guitarist?
Dude, he is so freaking sloppy. Look up guitarist like Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Guthrie Govan. And go to the shred forum.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Let him listen to John Petrucci's Glasgow Kiss.

Lets see Herman Li perform live as well as this guy does.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
there are many, many guitarists who are better.

dimebag
vai
page
that guy from scar symmetry
malmsteen
the list goes on and on.

unless these are the kind of friends that think speed = skill.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Who the **** cares. Its all opinion so how do you prove someone's better? It all depends on what you consider important to being good at guitar. Melody, improvisation, songwriting ability, and general musicianship, or playing balls-out fast?
Quote by Chimpy101
Jeff Loomis
/thread

Seconded.
Michael Romeo.