Lets be straight. My amp is a solid state. It's good for a solid state. Believe me, if a valve amp were at all feasible I would wait a year or even two years for it. I need more gain and could easily handle this with nice results if my amp was a tube amp. I think a pedal into my clean channel would be the ticket for the heavier sounds I can't achieve with just my amps lead channel. I can handle clean, classic rock, bluesy, and hardrock sounds with my amp. So I want a pedal that can handle the heavier more metal oriented stuff. That sorta gain where you can craft chugging metal rhythm, searing riffs, and brutal pinch harmonics. My budget is around $100 or less.
^ no, just no. that pedal is as awful as a stock metalzone, sorry to burst your bubble. people push that **** too much on here and half of the people who pimp it to people have never played it. dont burn me at the stake here but the ****ing KRANK pedal sounds better than the metal muff. if that doesnt say anything to you, well then.......
GO TO THE STORE AND TRY THEM OUT, SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE MORE AND STOP ARGUING. Geez.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
It's not an inflexible budget. If there's something good for $140 I can stretch. I'll just have to wait longer.
Crunchbox.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra