It's a preamp.

It's made by MEC (Warwick's home brand).

It has 2 bands (bass/treble).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
A 2 band EQ made by Warwick. Exmples of basses with it are the Corvete $$.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
I'm thinking of getting the $$ which can switch from active to passive and on the Warwick website it says to switch you need this. Does this have to do with the amp (I have a small Behringer BXL 450 at the moment) or is it something built into the guitar.
I understand it now...I misread the description and it really threw me off. Correct me if I'm wrong though. It has nothing to do with active/passive, and my amp would be able to utilize this feature.
It is built into the bass itself. I does a a similar job to the eq on the amp, but is located on the bass itself.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Just more information on my opinions of preamps.

They're okay but I would much rather shape my tone by changing the pickups vol/pan/tone than have an EQ on the bass because my amp can handle it much better than a on board.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I have a warwick rockbass corvette with active pickups and it has this preamp. It has four pots, of whom the first two are volume and balance, and the other two are the bass boost/cut and treble boost/cut. This preamp gives you the ability to shape your tone instantly from your bass, without messing with the amp and losing time. Also your bass will have stronger output and will pick less hum.
Last edited by pagiatis at Jun 17, 2007,