Ugh alright i know yall see like 20 of these a day but its a bit different...

Firsly I get that normal buzz, usually from not being grounded properly, or maybe electrical appliances around the house...but you know how when you touch your strings, or anything it gets quieter, because your body is then used as a ground, and it quiets everything down...well when I touch mine it gets louder...if I touch the pots, strings, pickup harness, whatever it maybe...it gets louder... I just thought that was weird...

But a bigger problem is, is a very loud buzzing that comes through at high volumes...This is this buzz listed above...it sounds different and sometimes its loud to the point of not being able to hear the guitar come through...almost like a wire or somehting is completly disconnected...

I looked online, and googled my problem, and I came across this post on another website with someones "hit test" where if you wack it on the top of the amp...not like beat it to the point of damaging or anyhting... and it gets better it was a specific problem, but i cant find the post meh... but anywayz i tried it once and it did get better...but im not to fond of hitting my amp so im not gonna do that again...

Maybe i should just take it in and get the caps refitted, tubes checked, all the wires grounded and what not...but anyone here have any sort of similar problem?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
well i asked the same question today, but your problem seems worse. i just get horrible feedback and high volumes. You can still here the guitar tho.

I think the best thing to do would be to take and get it checked out like you said, if its that bad
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
yea, well im pretty sure its not the tubes, when tubes go bad u usually see a dramatic decrease in sound output, nothing with buzzing or anything....and the fuse was fine...

Its gotta be soemthing with the wiring or the caps...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial