yes, I am
12 22%
no, Im not
30 56%
what the hell are you chatting?
12 22%
Voters: 54.
does anyone else have this problem?

Ive written at least 70 songs in the last couple of months, and Ive recorded and mastered 57 of them. Thing is, people say that my work is consistently good, so I cant just be churning out shit.

Im now getting tired of having absolutely tons of music. I dont know what to do with it all! Ive put about 20 or 30 songs up for download on my myspace, but I dont think many people have listened, because ive just flooded my page with it.

Everytime something inspires me, someone asks me to compose, or im just bored, I go to my room, write some chord sequences, then get to work. I usually end up with 2 or 3 recordings after a session, because I get so carried away.

[By the way, my music isnt like, n00b guitar. its usually baroque violin or expressive piano pieces.]

Is there anyone else out there that cant stop composing?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
same here but idont have the luxury of getting to record it all

and also..i cant do 70 a month lol

btw id like to hear your stuff could you link me to your page? The one in your sig seems to be yr personal myspace
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but where is there any music on your Myspace? I was going to listen to it to see if a lot of it sounded similar.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
OH GOD I WISH
are you just trying to make people mad and jealous? you're complaining about something most people, (i know i do,) WISH would be true for them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
i want to be able to write that much music, or even HALF that much, and for it to "consistently good!"
GOSH!!!!!!!

oh and your music is quite good, i especially like radio ghosts and 1
Last edited by That-Funny-Guy at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by Zeppelin256
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but where is there any music on your Myspace? I was going to listen to it to see if a lot of it sounded similar.

www.myspace.com/harpsichoid

theres four collections of music up for download, but only one link is fixed
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Your stuff is really good. If you're constantly writing pieces like this, you should consider putting some of them down on paper and adding to them. But they are all pretty similar. Try writing some stuff in a major key!
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I really like your stuff, I added you. I'm very confused if you're a girl or a boy sorry for sounding stupid.
Who dat?
Quote by Zeppelin256
Your stuff is really good. If you're constantly writing pieces like this, you should consider putting some of them down on paper and adding to them. But they are all pretty similar. Try writing some stuff in a major key!

haha, yeah. my stuffs usually pretty grim.

Ive actually been getting quite a bit of attention.

Im being advertised by a guy who makes CDs for learning piano by ear. Some american company wanted to publish "harpsichoid", and im also working on soundtracks for an animator.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Spend more time on each song,
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
yeah I constantly churn out electronic and orchestral stuff, I was doing three songs a day at one point, just keep going, pick the best stuff and release a record.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i wish i could get 70 songs a month. I am lucky if i get one a week. But thats just me, if i have an idea and its just Okay, i usually just say screw it. If i get a great idea, then i remember it or put it down. But i wish i was as lucky as you to be able to record it.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

oh i absolutely love baroque. ha ha yeah i'm a compulsive flute composer. Mostly baroque stuff too... I've only written all up like 15 pieces. But i'm in yr 10... Whats your AMEB in your mastered instruments?
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
Dont fret it, you've quite obviously got a powerful gift that most would kill for. If it bothers you, somehow take a break I suppose?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
oh, & by the way, i listened to your compositions & it's very well done.
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
They're good but they all sound the same....try something different for a change.

I like 4, the others are blah...minor key piano crap i've heard before.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Jun 17, 2007,
The ability to write hundreds of compositions in a year? Welcome to the world of being a classical composer.

Anyways, I'd suggest writing more intricate pieces - aka, works for more than just one instrument. Start off with some duets, then quartets and quintets, and then go for writing an orchestral piece. I myself have always wanted to write a piano concerto.
I wish I could write music... I've written a couple of songs. Only one which I would really consider anything good... and even that needs some work (and it's only a 2.5 minute piece anyway)

I dreamt up an awesome sounding metal riff last night, and I woke up, played it in my head a few times thinking "Okay, I'm going to remember this and try and work it out" and went back to sleep.

Unfortunately, I've completely forgotten it
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by metal Lover
Can you even walk through a doorway or is your head too big?

no. Im currently living in the dwarven caverns, deep underneath middle earth, because the massive stone archways just about let my huge ego through.

ps. fuck you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I have the opposite problem, I find it really hard to transfer the stuff in my head to actual music. I'd say you have it better off...

Also, I checked out the link in your sig, that stuff's amazing!
i can only write like, a song every other week, sometimes it even takes a month. im slow. a lot of the time i just start a song and then cant think of anything. i would say just dont post all your songs, just your favorites. also, try to use more than one instrument in each of you songs. maybe make them longer too.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Last edited by boboguitar at Jun 17, 2007,
I've been playing 4 years and never written one song

I've never really tried though. I've come up with the odd riff or something.

You're lucky.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Man, take the best things you have, put them on a demo tape and get sending to record companies.
At best ill compose maybe a song a month. Most of it is ****, but now-a-days I dont really get much free time and only get a few riffs down for a song, by the time I work it out and get it mastered its been a fair while.

PS - If you could pm how you record your pieces would be great, I need to record some of my songs and riffs.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I have about...200 songs/poems/instrumentals I've written in the last year =/

I can only remember to play about 50 of them...

Only 20 have been recorded...

and 12 we play live as a band...

CONCLUSION:

I are only having 12 songs I can play regularly
My problem in writing comes from the fact that I can never run with an idea, I'm too much of a perfectionist. So, I never really write.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Yeah my only question for you is.

Are the songs good?

Basically i could write write 70 songs but 80% of them would suck.

I work differently because i really don't know much guitar theory etc. i cant really write music but if i am randomly playing and i play something i like i will write it done.

And i usually cant write in standard i have songs half steps down and a song in
some bizarre tuning which i cant remember exactly along lines of E#BbEbAbCC

I usually spend more time writing lyrics.
Do what Opeth does, just add the pieces together and make your songs longer.
...And The Nominees Are
NUH NUH NUH NUH.
NUH NUH NUH NUH.

make a 50 minute song.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I've NEVER composed 70 pieces in a month, but I must say that I do enjoy composing a lot and I should probably start composing more again.

I'd say I did probably about 15-20 in a month when I was frequently composing.

And I'll check your myspace out to hear some of this stuff