Page 1 of 5
What do you all think?

What if Middle-Eastern culture actually has it right? What if women were never meant to be equal to males?

I'm not saying I agree with these ideas (I don't), but lets just contemplate for a second here. What damage are we doing to society as a whole if mother nature never intended for women to be treated as equals?
How the hell can you answer this question except on entirely speculatory grounds, such grounds having their basis in nothing more than personal opinion!?

Bollocks indeed!
My God, it's full of stars!
Then **** nature.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There has never been anything to prove women are less mentally capable than men.

Apart from everything ever made... ...ever.

Womens brains work the same as male brains. Apart from opposite sexual functions, the bodies work the same. We count ourselves as the same species. I dont understand how nature could specify who is equal and who isnt? that is a moral idea.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
^Our brains don't work the same way. Not for all things anyway. Men are better at some things, women are better at others (although these are general trends, not absolutes). We are equal though.

Quote by cagnius
Redundant notion.

Also, let's have a look at the Middle East and compare it to the West. What area would you rather live in?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Women in my opinion will always be superior to men, as women hold over men one thing which can never be redressed; the lure of their feminine sexuality.

I genuinley believe that.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by _Mayday_
Apart from everything ever made... ...ever.

Ooooooh....

I have a really chavuanistic female friend (her career ambition is a housewife! gah!) anyway her arguement has always been that men have the ability to create more muscle mass than women, so are physically dominant.

However we are not cave-people and this fact is completely irrelevant to modern society. Men and women should be nothing less than equal.
people misunderstand the middle east so much. Women are treated as equals. But men and women have different responsibilities in the Middle East. A man has power over woman in one area, while woman has power over man in another area. The idea is that they're equal overall. It's like if both Student A and B score 1000 on the SAT, but Student A does better in Math, while Student B does better in reading.
Last edited by clint160 at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by cagnius
Women in my opinion will always be superior to men, as women hold over men one thing which can never be redressed; the lure of their feminine sexuality.

I genuinley believe that.

thats quite an ancient concept though, that men are strong and physical, women are a symbol of beauty.

Whether that makes us equal or not, im not sure.

people can be different without causing inequality.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men?

What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by clint160
people misunderstand the middle east so much. Women are treated as equals. But men and women have different responsibilities in the Middle East. A man has power over woman in one area, while woman has power over man in another area. The idea is that they're equal overall.

No. Shut up. In Saudi Arabia, women can't leave the house without a male relative. Women can't drive. How is that equal? Women don't have power over men in the Middle East. Anywhere.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by rabidguitarist
Womens brains work the same as male brains. Apart from opposite sexual functions, the bodies work the same. We count ourselves as the same species. I dont understand how nature could specify who is equal and who isnt? that is a moral idea.

There is plenty to suggest that the female body doesn't work the same as the male body. Trying to say that males and females body's and minds work the same way (discounting obvious sexual differences) is just wrong.

Take for example, scientists have proven that the average female voice takes a noticeable amount more brainpower to comprehend than the average male voice. Is this nature suggesting that females shouldn't speak as much? Is this nature suggesting something completely different? Is this just completely random and irrelevant?

Lets discuss this.
Strong women will always control strong men imo. I'm not being sexist, I just believe that men tend to bow more to womens wills more often than not :>
Quote by rabidguitarist
thats quite an ancient concept though, that men are strong and physical, women are a symbol of beauty.

Whether that makes us equal or not, im not sure.

people can be different without causing inequality.

True.

Women to me are superior in the sense that [most] men will do [almost] anything to please the women whom they have feelings for, be it in the maternal sense or in other degrees of relationships. Women hold the power of sex (as an act) over men and that, to me, makes them inherently more powerful than men.
Quote by teegman
Take for example, scientists have proven that the average female voice takes a noticeable amount more brainpower to comprehend than the average male voice. Is this nature suggesting that females shouldn't speak as much? Is this nature suggesting something completely different? Is this just completely random and irrelevant?

Source?

And no, I doubt nature would bother to suggest something like that. It's completely random and irrelevant, if indeed it is true at all.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Jett Diamond

then the majority of us on here are truly "le fúcked". equality will never FULLY come about, there's no way the whole world can agree on a basic concept, we're all idiots.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by teegman
What do you all think?

What if Middle-Eastern culture actually has it right? What if women were never meant to be equal to males?

thats why they are all still 3rd world countries...
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Quote by Jett Diamond

lol!, might even be sigged
edit: SIGGED! finally
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
Last edited by methebob at Jun 16, 2007,
LOL LOL more trolling by teegman.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Bollocks.

There has never been anything to prove women are less mentally capable than men.

actually our brains are bigger than theres, its science...

/anchorman quote
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by cagnius
True.

Women to me are superior in the sense that [most] men will do [almost] anything to please the women whom they have feelings for, be it in the maternal sense or in other degrees of relationships. Women hold the power of sex (as an act) over men and that, to me, makes them inherently more powerful than men.

I'd expect to hear that from a Conservative

Anyway, the only real thing I can comment on is when someone said that men and womens brains work the same. This is not true. Take for example, a womans ability to multi-task a lot better than a man, but a mans ability to completely concentrate on one task better. This is probably the reason that men invented most things, their ability to concentrate completely on the task.

Edit: Although I believe that men and women should have equality, there's nothing that says we have to all be the same (and admittedly, we couldn't all be the same anyway).
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by teegman
There is plenty to suggest that the female body doesn't work the same as the male body. Trying to say that males and females body's and minds work the same way (discounting obvious sexual differences) is just wrong.

Lets discuss this.

That just proves that men are thicker.

I heard about that, not sure it's taken very seriously. It's something to do with the pitch of a female voice and the fact men are meant to have differences in the ability to focus on a certain number of things at once. I'm not sure I believe it.
Thread starter, I believe you said something along the lines of Led Zeppelin is crap compared to Fallout Boy in another thread I saw? You have some interesting ideas in your head, my friend.
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4

Schecter Damien-6
Quote by This_Kidd
I'd expect to hear that from a Conservative

Anyway, the only real thing I can comment on is when someone said that men and womens brains work the same. This is not true. Take for example, a womans ability to multi-task a lot better than a man, but a mans ability to completely concentrate on one task better. This is probably the reason that men invented most things, their ability to concentrate completely on the task.

Edit: Although I believe that men and women should have equality, there's nothing that says we have to all be the same (and admittedly, we couldn't all be the same anyway).

finally, something that actually makes sense!
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
Quote by teegman

They've phrased everything a hell of a lot differently than you did.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That just proves that men are thicker.

I heard about that, not sure it's taken very seriously. It's something to do with the pitch of a female voice and the fact men are meant to have differences in the ability to focus on a certain number of things at once. I'm not sure I believe it.

It doesn't say that men find it harder to comprehend a womans voice than a woman does to comprehend a mans... just that a womans voice is harder to comprehend. Surely from what the person you quoted said, you'd realise that he doesn't say that men have more difficulty comprehending voices than women.. just that a womans voice is harder to comprehend universally.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by Jett Diamond

I'm not suggesting that either sex is supposed to be superior to each other. What I would like to discuss is whether the politically correct ideals of 'sexual equality' being sprouted in so called 'developed' nations these days actually have any merit, or whether in fact they are watering down the fact that males and females are NOT built equally and hence having a detrimental affect on society.
Quote by Meths

Meths, just as an aside, don't you think you should change your club name in your sig?

Involuntary suicide is impossible; the two are mutually exclusive.

Euthanasia would be more apt in my opinion...
Quote by This_Kidd
It doesn't say that men find it harder to comprehend a womans voice than a woman does to comprehend a mans... just that a womans voice is harder to comprehend. Surely from what the person you quoted said, you'd realise that he doesn't say that men have more difficulty comprehending voices than women.. just that a womans voice is harder to comprehend universally.

I think I remembered a few details incorrectly from that

That information seems pretty irrelevant though. It doesn't disprove equality.
equality is not equivilancy, men and women are different, our bodies work different, our brains work different, its a fact of life. there is no way you can make these two equal to eachother. should we all have the same rights and expectations as eachother? of course. should we expect to be the same? not a chance. youd be trying to make two different things be exactly the same, and by their nature thats not possible.
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Quote by cagnius
Meths, just as an aside, don't you think you should change your club name in your sig?

Involuntary suicide is impossible; the two are mutually exclusive.

Euthanasia would be more apt in my opinion...

I am well aware of the meaning of suicide and that it can't actually be involuntary.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths

I apologize for that, my original post was made purely on memory.

I think the point is being lost though. There are plenty of differences in the way both males and females function, and to deny this is pure ignorance.
Last edited by teegman at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by Meths
^Our brains don't work the same way. Not for all things anyway. Men are better at some things, women are better at others (although these are general trends, not absolutes). We are equal though.

Equal means exactly the same. Considering our brains work differently, and men have far more powerful physical capabilities due to our hormones, we are definitely not equal. Unless if you stretch the word "equal" to mean whatever the hell you want it to mean, then we aren't. Equality anyways is an idiotic idea. Some people are dumber, uglier, weaker, and less capable than others. Making people to be equal is a stupid idea.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Page 1 of 5