I want to get a marshall amp. I have looked at the TSL 602 combo and herd good read good reviews about them.

But when i see any bands perform i have always seen them play with seperate head and cab. I take it they are better but more expensive to get the same quality as a combo?

Does anyone know the difference between a TSL 601 and TSL 602.

Are the TSL range better than the DSL?

If anyone knows their onions about marshall amps id appreciate their help

Thanks
Advantages over a hed & cab over a combo is:

1, You can get a 4x12 cab and it'll displace more air, you'll also be able to hear the difference in size, such as an increase to the bottom end.

2, You can expand on a cab, buy a mesa cab and marshall head, a ampeg cab & marshall head, to get that tone valhalla your looking for.

TSL > DSL

One because it has one extra channel I believe?
Someone care to clarify?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Can you get the TSL 601 to go quite enough to play in a bedroom. Or is their a minimum volume of loudness. I dont want to buy one and find its to loud to play at home but good for gigs?
you never NEED a halfstack- they're just nice to have

DSL>TSL

DSL has more gain, and is less muddy- i tried them head to head for a while as i was considering buying one of them a couple of months ago.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The 601 will be quiet if you turn it down, it wont sound brilliant but yeah, you can play it at any volume you like!

Also - the 601 has one 12 inch speaker and the 602 has two 12 inch speakers

Diezel, Motherfucker
yes, it gives it a "bigger" sound, as more air is being pushed- it's the same advantage as "Kingyem0c0re" said with a 4x12 over a combo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
also think about whether or not you will be moving your amp around? most people say its easy to move a 2x12 combo but its not. its pretty heavy and it just takes more space (kind of)

for example its easier to move a head by itself and then a 2x12 cab (maybe 4x12) separately than a big 2x12 combo

generally... but now that a think about it a 4x12 is pretty big.... oh well
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I say just go with a combo for now. Worst comes to worst, you just hook it up to an external cab, anyways. They'll mic you for gigs, and as said before, with 4 speakers pushing more sound at you, it'll be even louder for bedroom practice.

Keep that in mind. Put your ego aside, too.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way