i kinda have a problem

when i play my guitar, the lower strings tend to vibrate by themselves and always make my sound muddy... like a low droning sound, if that makes any scence

is there any way to stop this, besides palm muting?

because i cant palm mute all the time!

sorry if this is a noob question or whatever...

thank in advance
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Last edited by 4e574e57363g at Jun 16, 2007,
if u mean buzzing raise the action for those strings. nothing an allen wrench can't fix
Quote by anoreorcist12
if u mean buzzing raise the action for those strings. nothing an allen wrench can't fix

I think they mean that those strings start resonating when other strings are played. At least that's what is suggested with the words "by themselves." I honestly have no idea what might cause that, but I am very curious...
your probably brushing them with your hand on accident. also, is your guitar a hallow body/acoustic? thats what happens with some. happens all the time on my gibson.
I hear some people always have their palms lightly on the low strings for that reason. Seems hard to play unanchored doing that, though.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
i kinda have a problem

when i play my guitar, the lower strings tend to vibrate by themselves and always make my sound muddy... like a low droning sound, if that makes any scence

is there any way to stop this, besides palm muting?

because i cant palm mute all the time!

sorry if this is a noob question or whatever...

thank in advance

i have the same problem.
i also have no idea how to solve it other than muting.
it gets worse for me because my amp starts to feedback on those strings all the time. it's only when I use my humbucker too.

anyone know how to solve this?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Quote by aleister
Face away from your amp?

I do. I get nasty feedback now because the grounding prong came off the plug. I've always had that string vibration problem, so now it just makes it worse when I get feedback everytime I don't mute.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I believe it's called sympathetic resonance. Your vibrating guitar strings are causing the still ones to resonate. Just...mute it with your picking hand or something. And face away from your amp if you're getting buttloads of feedback. Shrug.
no my guitar is an ibanez solid body, 2 humbuckers

say i tremolo pick the top E string, the low E and A would start resonating, pretty much instantly, and if i touch them i can feel them vibrating against my hand and the noise stops.

and its not the amp, and im not getting feedback, just a very bad sound!

is there anyway to fix this? because if i palm mute them, i cant play alot of stuff
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
I tend to mute it with my left hand instead of right, but that's just me.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP