Page 1 of 3
nearly all musicians have idols, usually as a sort of inspiration and and aspiration. so who's your music idol and why

Mine would have to be Noel Gallagher, his songs got me playing and singing and basically got me interested in music in general. I'd had to listen to stupid pop music and rubbish boy and girl bands through most of the 90's and then Rock n roll star came on the radio and I just thought "now thats more ****ing like it"

Its also because he seems like a down to earth, funny and realistic kind of guy

DavidWalliams: Is your life so much better than it was 10 years ago?

NoelGallagher: Yes, because 10 years ago we were broke.

DavidWalliams: Yeah, but that's not the only thing...

NoelGallagher: Believe you me, it ****ing helps a lot.

prime example
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Jun 16, 2007,
Mike Watt: I've learned so much from him on bass and learned many other things from him, to books to other types of music. For some reason i've felt like he's always been there for me and i've never met him or anything.

Dimebag Darrell, he's the one who made me want to play guitar. R.I.P.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Paul Gilbert, he's the one that started to get me into more technical guitar playing, I've stolen so many licks from him, his tone is amazing, he's the reason I learned how to alternate pick and sweep. Basically he's been my biggest influence and the reason I listen to what I do. Plus he's such a cool and funny guy.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Several years ago, I bought the Led Zeppelin DVD, and I was watching it through and I saw Jimmy Page playing the solo on Stairway to Heaven. It was when I was watching that solo that I decided that I had to learn to play the guitar. Not because of how awesome the solo was (it was, and still is, pretty freaking awesome), but because Page looked like he was having the time of his life. So, I'd have to say my music idol would be Jimmy Page, for inspiring me to play guitar.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Jerry Only
Epiphone Les paul
bcrich Warlock platinum
Gibson Gss50 amp
Peavey special 212
Digitech RP80 effects pedal

first metal chubby
---------------------------
-----------5---------------
---------7-------------7---
------0--------6---5-------
Clapton and Iommi. Iommi first made me pick up a guitar, and clapton is a constant reminder to stick with it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Lemmy. His approach to Rock And Roll, and life in general, is inspirational.
and glenn danzig
Epiphone Les paul
bcrich Warlock platinum
Gibson Gss50 amp
Peavey special 212
Digitech RP80 effects pedal

first metal chubby
---------------------------
-----------5---------------
---------7-------------7---
------0--------6---5-------
page, hendrix, anastio, morrison
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
randy rhoads and tony iommi
Originally posted by str84ever
Since you are playing metal and from what i know about guitars which is not alot

the pointer the guitar the better it is for metal

problem solved.
Quote by Gunpowder
Several years ago, I bought the Led Zeppelin DVD, and I was watching it through and I saw Jimmy Page playing the solo on Stairway to Heaven. It was when I was watching that solo that I decided that I had to learn to play the guitar. Not because of how awesome the solo was (it was, and still is, pretty freaking awesome), but because Page looked like he was having the time of his life. So, I'd have to say my music idol would be Jimmy Page, for inspiring me to play guitar.

Jimmy really knows how to look badass when playing. Like on the Live DVD at Earl's Court when he's playing In My Time of Dying, if you've seen it you know about what I speak. He and Jim McCarty of Cactus are my two main inspirations for electric. Neil Young for acoustic.
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Slash
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Rob Flynn, total legend. I bought one of their albums by accident and then bought them all and became a massive fan. I love his style of playing and his vocals are incredible. And when I met him he didn't mind that i was so shocked I was completly blank minded.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Tony Iommi. I basically learned pentatonics by trying to imitate his solos. Black Sabbath was the band that got me into Classic Rock and is still one of my favourite bands.
Man big on the Frusciante and Iommi's up there too! woo!

Iommi was really my influence. I mean, I heard N.I.B and I was liek HOLY ****!!! I wanna play that.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Although I play Punk rcok, and mostly heavy gain fast stuff, my biggest influence is B.B. King. I love his vibrato, and use his slowed down smooth apporach to the pentatonics and apply it to punk and rock.
Frusciante. Now I feel like a follower since lots of people said him. But every one of his solos has so much soul and feeling and works so perfectly with the song.

Alsom I'd have to say Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen.
Angus Young, because he made me pickup the guitar, he's a cool guy, and AC/DC is just pure Rock N Roll

Steve Vai, because he makes the most beautiful music on the face of this earth, he makes me want to play and be a better musician.
Quote by SWLABR
Jimmy really knows how to look badass when playing. Like on the Live DVD at Earl's Court when he's playing In My Time of Dying, if you've seen it you know about what I speak. He and Jim McCarty of Cactus are my two main inspirations for electric. Neil Young for acoustic.

Page has such an awesome solo face. Usually when I solo, I'll start to sneer without realizing I'm doing it. I've gotten some funny looks from people who've watched me play.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Anty 7
Angus Young, because he made me pickup the guitar, he's a cool guy, and AC/DC is just pure Rock N Roll

Steve Vai, because he makes the most beautiful music on the face of this earth, he makes me want to play and be a better musician.

Angus Young +10000
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I can't name just one. I have multiple idols for the multiple styles I love.

Mikael Åkerfeldt and Peter Lindgren (Opeth and ex-Opeth respectively)
Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher (Mastodon)
Sel Balamir (Amplifier)
Torsten Kinsella (God is an Astronaut)
Bryant Clifford Meyer (Isis, Red Sparowes)
Trevor de Brauw and Laurent Lebec (Pelican)
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
Ihsahn and Sammoth (Emperor)
Jari Mäenpää (Wintersun)
Brendon Small (Dethklok)
Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Band)
Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stevers (Coheed and Cambria)

And far too many more, but those are my main idols at the moment.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The guys from Blink 182 got me into music at first. But now my musical idol is probablly Elton John. Any music that guy writes is golden.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
PETE TOWNSHEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Weller!!!
Steven Page!!
Kurt Kobain!
In order of exclamation marks

Pete Townshend FTW
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
All the Beatles (Lennon, Harrison, McCartney, even Ringo)
Roger Waters and David Gilmour
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Tom Waits
Elliott Smith
Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood
Jeff Mangum
Julian Casablancas
Quote by jambi_mantra
Rob Flynn, total legend. I bought one of their albums by accident and then bought them all and became a massive fan. I love his style of playing and his vocals are incredible. And when I met him he didn't mind that i was so shocked I was completly blank minded.

your one lucky sod, not many people get to meet their idols
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Page 1 of 3