do your emotions affect the way you play? in what state of mind do you play the best?
i ask, because just a little while ago, i was playing guitar, and my dad came into my room. i stoped playing just long enough for him to say something to me that really pissed me off for some reason, and it seemed like right after that, my playing improved greatly.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I got really pissed and upset today because this girl i liked only likes me as a friend and i started playing and was actuallying playing much better then normal.

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Yes, where do you think the term "blues" originated from?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yea. When I'm really bored I don't play at all. When I'm excited I play alot and when I'm sad it just leads to boredom. It depends how I wake up.
wow. i completely forgot about the blues....how did that happen?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
It doesn't really affect me on guitar, probably just due to my limited skills. I notice it a lot more when I improvise on piano though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
i was like, really hyper active today, and i started playing fall of troy sounding stuff today. my friends were over and like, "dude, holy ****."
When I have no motivation, I don't do as good as I do when I'm angry or excited. With the right emotion I just feel the guitar more.
i thinnk it does, totally.
although the amount of practicing i do a day doesnt depend on my mood.

average 4-5 hours a day of practice

hasent been a day in awhile that i havent played.

even camping. but oh well, thats not the topic.

my most often mood is anger.

i find that any extreme mood (i.e. anger, deep boredom, depression, extreme happiness, etc.)
makes me play better.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Help I'm drowning in urine!

GO INTO THE WATER

Founder of Church of The Pit, also known as "Youjiz'em"

go to my profile and join the group.
i like to consider a guitar as a tool to transfer how one feels to music. the better they are at guitar, the more clear the emotion is. thats how i see it, anyway.
futball season and football season.
I play alot better when im really pissed off.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
I have a lot of pent up anger in me cuz up in till just recently I had a pretty bad home situation that made me very angry, but I couldn't express it, but it's not just that. Happyness makes me play happy things etc. I am very influenced by my emotion.
When I'm pissed or sad I play a lot better because I get more immersed in my emotion, rather than when I'm happy and my mind is going everywhere. Thats why I've never really written that happy of a song...
Yes.

Anger = palm muting
sad = high fret high bend notes
happy = fast chords
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

i think white people decided one day to play the blues but faster and heavier. thus, EMO was born
No it doesn't really affect me unless I'm doing improv.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Not really. If I'm in a really ****ty mood, I just won't want to play. One time, I was in one of the crappiest moods I had been in in a long time. One of my friends had just made a move on a girl who I had liked for a long time.

I figured I'd play some really slow, feely, emotional blues. It honestly felt like crap, and I put the guitar down a few minutes into it and just sulked for the rest of the weekend.

Oh, and I generally play the best when I'm in no mood at all. It's really a mood with no other way to describe it but...the guitar mood.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm a man. I don't have emotions.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I'm a man. I don't have emotions.

+1
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
When Im upset, my playing is uninspired, and my tone is horrible. I can't get rhythms right, or anything. When Im pissed off, I can't even have the mouthpiece anywhere near my mouth. The instrument will rest on my lap instead. I play best when Im happy, or feeling a strong "good" kind of emotion.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories