Hey guys, haven't posted here in a long time. I'm looking for a harder rock sound from my Strat, think Oasis or Jet.

I was thinking of cutting my pickguard and throwing in a Gibson 57 Classic, this is fine since Strats are routed HSS, right? I was just wondering if anyone had any experience/random tips/other pickup suggestions?
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
1: But a new pickguard. its easier

2: And But better pickups, like Seymour Duncan.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
new pick guard. And do something different like I did to my first strat. (Just a suggestion)
Put two humbuckers in. The ones I customize are HSH routed. Put two humbuckers and a single.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by zekk
1: But a new pickguard. its easier

2: And But better pickups, like Seymour Duncan.

Well I looked into Seymour Duncans, and really the Hot Rails didn't do it for me. The pickups that came with my strat (American) can do the music I want, but they don't do it well enough. And I don't want to go Seymour Duncans if I'm going to have to buy an eq pedal also to tame the treble on them.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
I have a gibson 57 in my strat. Its pretty cool, it sounds awesome, but not for metal or anything, its a bit tamer, but perfect for me.

I think it looks awesome too, its rare to see a chrome humbucker in a strat

The path of least resistance would be to get a Seymore Duncan Hotrails pickup. You get a VERY realistic humbucker sound without the damn routing.
Quote by nfs2
I have a gibson 57 in my strat. Its pretty cool, it sounds awesome, but not for metal or anything, its a bit tamer, but perfect for me.

I think it looks awesome too, its rare to see a chrome humbucker in a strat

That's prett awesome looking. And I'm guessing the Classic handles any Rock n Roll type sound pretty easily?
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by StratRat13
That's prett awesome looking. And I'm guessing the Classic handles any Rock n Roll type sound pretty easily?

Yeah the classic rock 'n roll stuff it handles really well.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
That is pretty awesome. Are those lace?

Thanks, Yep they are 2 lace gold
Yeah, I've often thought of having a custom pickguard cut from Warmoth to mount a '57 Classic with the chromed Tele neck pups mounted in the middle and neck.