Well it think it's about time to have another Pantera cover contest! I'm going to model it after AngelOfSorrow's Metallica Contest... However I'm thinking of giving a bit more time to do these since it's Pantera.. not Metallica so you get a month and a half.

Thing you are the best at covering Pantera? Prove it now!

Rules

* 3 Judges.
* Maximum of 30 Contestants
* Vocals are a plus.
* Solos are a plus.
* Trio, duet, or band cover is a BIG plus.
*Three people may do the same song, first come first server
* Contest starts June 16th of 2007 and ends July 30th of 2007.
* Have fun.

Contestants

*Disturbed_1 - Cowboys from Hell
*Black_Star - Cemetery Gates
*Sadamoto6 - Walk

Judges

#1*Metallica12_12
#2*AngelOfSorrow
#3*Could be you

Same deal winner gets to put something sweet in their sig. and since it's Pantera, be worshiped by anyone who isn't retarded.

Lets Get it on boy/girls.
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Last edited by Metallica12_12 at Jun 18, 2007,
ill do cowboys from hell... i might change later though.. but maybe not so yea just put me down for cfh
my gear:

guitars:
ESP/LTD MH-250
Epiphone Les Paul 100
ESP/LTD EX-50

amps:
fender squier 15W
line 6 spider III 75W

pedals:
boss mega distortion pedal
dan donegan the weapon sig pedal
crybaby wah

Cemetery Gates. I may add a little surprise at the end too
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
ill do "walk" now a month a an half gives me enough time for the solo... Can I put A medley Of Pantera Solos at the end?
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor
silvertone ciation(my first baby

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Peavy Transtube series amp (idk model number)
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
Last edited by Sadamoto6 at Jun 17, 2007,
^As I understand it, in these contests, you have creative freedom to do just about whatever you want.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
sweet!!! and your bands myspace rocks. checK mine out but be warned ive been burned on my eruption playing. thats not how i really play. WWW.Myspace.com/catakombs
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
Quote by Sadamoto6
ill do "walk" now a month a an half gives me enough time for the solo... Can I put A medley Of Pantera Solos at the end?

Go for it man and ya i'm adding some time since it is Pantera.. not Metallica or something easy like that! But yes you do have the freedom to add! Though I will be judging your cover, the extra solo's are a bonus for sure.
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

woooooo im on it prepare for a dimebag honor song, for there is only one GOD... (dimebag) darrel abbot
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
Quote by Sadamoto6
woooooo im on it prepare for a dimebag honor song, for there is only one GOD... (dimebag) darrel abbot

There's only one God yes.. God but i love DIme!! Ahah im just bored sweet to have you in bro. Getcha' Pull!
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

ahh hell.. idk how ima get my song in becuz i have dial up and everytime i try to upload a song it screws up. anybody got any suggestions?
my gear:

guitars:
ESP/LTD MH-250
Epiphone Les Paul 100
ESP/LTD EX-50

amps:
fender squier 15W
line 6 spider III 75W

pedals:
boss mega distortion pedal
dan donegan the weapon sig pedal
crybaby wah

Quote by disturbed_1
ahh hell.. idk how ima get my song in becuz i have dial up and everytime i try to upload a song it screws up. anybody got any suggestions?

well you tube always works for me. but it takes forever. and if it doesnt work just email me the song (i promise i wont steal it) ill post it up there.(yes even if your better than me) you can have my word on it.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
ooh.....if i can find a drummer, i'll do 5 mins alone....don't count me in yet but maybe....

EDIT: are we free to improv stuff like extra solos? cause the 5 mins solo is kinda dry (nobody kill me for that please)
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Last edited by Kid Fisto at Jun 21, 2007,
Quote by Kid Fisto
ooh.....if i can find a drummer, i'll do 5 mins alone....don't count me in yet but maybe....

EDIT: are we free to improv stuff like extra solos? cause the 5 mins solo is kinda dry (nobody kill me for that please)

Go for it man

Sorry though guys I won't be on too often to update since I'm a councilor at a bible camp this summer... I'll try and get on as often as i can though
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

Hey guys, I'm new. I have a cover of "By Demons Be Driven" that I'd like to throw in if that's cool. Do I need to send it to someone, post a link or ???? Thanks. Great forum here...
put me up for cemetery gates
Quote by Mechanixx
lulz 1 time I was gonna have sex with my grlfriend nd I got a boner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1 i was so imbarresed so I quickly hid it in this handy hole between the legz!!1! lolzz she almost saw it !!111

My Youtube
music nation
Hey, Ill do Cowboys From Hell. Its cool of you do a video of it, right? My recording software ****s up and makes the guitar lag, so the only way I can do it is with posting it on youtube.
im out of town so i might not be able to post mine by the end of the deadline can i have two more days cause im going back to my house the first of august. please.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
sorry but it seems im gonna be off the computer again (touring purposes). and i need a few more days. so either monday or tuesday. and to all who already dubmitted sweet.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
i MIGHT join, but dont put me down, if i join ill be doing floods. dont put me down though :P I still gotta find a pick, and a new cord to connect the amp to the sound card.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
awesome a silvertone user. well im back and img onna start recording as soon as i get some sleep. wich is probably tomorow. so yeah laters guys.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
pur me down for CFH
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
i might change songs cause these gigs arent letting me practice the solo i might change ir just improvise the solo if i change it ill change for mouth for war.

EDIT: Im gonna have to chnage guys sorry but put me down for mouth for war. sorry for the inconviniece. well im posting it up on ypu tube right now so yeah. later guys.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
Last edited by Sadamoto6 at Aug 8, 2007,
well im not posting till someone else posts this contest just died. >_>
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
put me down for WALK! solo included
Equipment

Guitars:
Ibanez Ice Man , Ic400
Esp Ltd M400

Pedals:
Digitech Wah
Digitech Distortion

Amp: