Hey!!! i was in search on ebay for a tube amp, i play COB, Metallica, Pantera and Lamb of God stuff, i find a Carvin V3 212 combo at a very good price (my budget is 700.00) and i was wandering two things:
1. Does it have more gain than my spider II? (yeah not a very good amp but it did the job well at the time :P)
2.Can it rival the peavey jsx in terms of gain? cause i loved the jsx but its waay over my budget, even used.

In terms of tone, its tube amp so i think it will have a nice tone the carvin v3.

any suggestions will be very apretiated.
(by the way i cant find any used 5150 so lets eliminate that option)
"There are two things that are certantly infinate: The Univeres, and, Human Stupidity, and im not sure about the Universe"

-Albert Eintsein
Quote by dude of shred
Hey!!! i was in search on ebay for a tube amp, i play COB, Metallica, Pantera and Lamb of God stuff, i find a Carvin V3 212 combo at a very good price (my budget is 700.00) and i was wandering two things:
1. Does it have more gain than my spider II? (yeah not a very good amp but it did the job well at the time :P)
2.Can it rival the peavey jsx in terms of gain? cause i loved the jsx but its waay over my budget, even used.

In terms of tone, its tube amp so i think it will have a nice tone the carvin v3.

any suggestions will be very apretiated.
(by the way i cant find any used 5150 so lets eliminate that option)

I honestly think you should wait to find a 6150, it would be superior for your needs in this situation. Continually browse craigslist and ebay. Something should turn up soon enough.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
the v3 has quite a bit of gain. also is pretty versatile. the cleans are nice on it but looking at the type of music you play you wont be using it much haha. its high gain channel is great for heavy rhythms. you might need a pedal for leads tho or work at tweaking the amp as it does get fizzy sounding. its a nice amp and great for the price. its probably the best amp you can get with your budget unless some ridiculous deal comes up on some real high end gear haha
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
thanks guys!
the main reason of why im targetin the v3 its because of the vintage 30 it has (awsome on my friends marshall cab) and the price for such versality (yes i play cleans sometimes), and im not very worried of the lead tone because if i made the tweakings on my spider II to sound almoust like alexi laiho using an ibanez RG2EX , i can surely tweak up the carvin better hahaha
"There are two things that are certantly infinate: The Univeres, and, Human Stupidity, and im not sure about the Universe"

-Albert Eintsein