hey guys, what type of blade do I use to cut my fretboard to shape. I bought one from luthiers int. but it's just a rectangular plonk at this stage. it's been slotted and radiused, but i have no idea what type of saw to use.

also, will cutting it after it's been slotted possibly cause chipping along the sides where it has been slotted?

thanks in advance!
Just go slow when you cut it. I just use whatever blade I have on my small bandsaw. Metal cutting blades work and so do wide tooth blades. Typically, for really hard woods like ebony, fine tooth blades will chip less.
Not taking any online orders.
no matter what saw though, cut extra and sand it down to size. cut before you glue, sand after you glue. and don't shape the neck first!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
how much extra do I leave on? 1mm? 3mm?

so just to clarify, cutting with a fine tooth blade is best? the fingerboard is ebony maccassar.
That depends on how good you are at cutting a straight line and how sharp your blade is. If you are using a dull blade that wonders then you need to leave lots of room so that when the blade wonders you don't cut a chunck out of the part you need. If you are sure you can get a 100% straight line the only leave an extra mm so that when you sand it smooth you don't end up undersized.
Not taking any online orders.
ok. my uncle is a carpenter, but he was worried about the slots chipping away as he has never cut a fretboard before.

whats the bet way to sand back to extra mm or so?
or any number of sanders- spindle, belt sander, anything that will leave you with a straight edge.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!