hey i havent really been playing long..im haveing a ton of trouble with solo's i just cant do them and i dont know why or what to do. i cant Play WHOLE songs Because of solo's!!! i can play the rest of songs i just cant get the solo's so I need some help pro's
its not that i cant move my fingers fast enough, im not good at hammer ons and pulls off im way better at tapping.. Anyway help ppl. thanks
Practice very slowly using the pentatonic scales, you can find them here on UG.com, you should be able to solo in no time.
There's no shortcut around it. Practice, practice, practice. Start of with easy, achievable solos to build up your skill and confidence. Learn scales and learn to improve. But you have to practice practice practice.
just try some legato techniques, get some of kharls videos cant find a link but its on UG lesosns hes got video ones very helpful
first solo i learnt was Settle for nothing by Rage Against the machine.
But really the first solo i should've learned is smells like teen spirit. Much easier for starting out.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by PapaSmurph
Also cut the solo down into chunks so it's alot of small runs and chops and then you practice them to fluency and speed and then start joining them together
It's a good way to do it in a structured form

thats what i do most of the time just to make it simpler
Your co-ordination is lacking...you can pick quickly, you can fret quickly but you can't do the two together at the speed you can do them individually. I'm guessing you're having trouble moving around the neck and switching strings too. That's why you can tap "quicker", you only need to co-ordinate one note in 3 and you're only on one string. That's why tapping bugs me, it's a good technique to know, but if you learn it early all it does is kid you into thinking you're better than you are.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Fist one I learnt was Haunt Me by Wednesday 13. A lot of his solos are good for beginners.
I'd suggest to learn some scales and work on playing them quickly, then songs will come much easier. When I started playing years ago I knew a bunch of scales, but years later I couldn't remember them, but I still had skills. So I just memorized all solos I play (heartbreaker solo, stairway solo, bunch of other rock solos). But now I've gone back and relearned a bunch of scales and learning a new solo or improvising one is a tonne easier.
can you guys tell me a few easy, achievable solo's i see some there already lets have more
Quote by Guitar-newbie
Pretty much every solo of a Nirvana song...

Meh, bit too easy no? A lot of people seem to recommend the opening solo of Fade To Black, Highway To Hell is easy too.
You need to practice scale shapes and just going up and down scales in the various positions. Don't worry about practicing how to use them yet, right now just get the shapes in your muscle memory. After you are fluid in going up and down them, practice them in intervals, try 3rds, 4ths and 5ths.

Practice a lot of chromatics too, try 1234, 4321, 1324, 4231, 1423 and 1432 patterns. There are a lot more patterns then just those, but those should keep you busy for a while.

The most important thing is to practice SLOW and with a METRENOME. The slower that you practice, the more potentiol speed you will have. Make sure your brain can play along with your fingers, if you cant follow what you're playing, then you're playing too fast.
i have another question, i can move my humbuckers closer and farther from the string.. whats that do? how should i have them set?
Quote by ouchies
You need to practice scale shapes and just going up and down scales in the various positions. Don't worry about practicing how to use them yet, right now just get the shapes in your muscle memory. After you are fluid in going up and down them, practice them in intervals, try 3rds, 4ths and 5ths.

Practice a lot of chromatics too, try 1234, 4321, 1324, 4231, 1423 and 1432 patterns. There are a lot more patterns then just those, but those should keep you busy for a while.

The most important thing is to practice SLOW and with a METRENOME. The slower that you practice, the more potentiol speed you will have. Make sure your brain can play along with your fingers, if you cant follow what you're playing, then you're playing too fast.

+1

doing this increased skill/potential greatly.

also try the solo from bohemian rhapsody - queen, it's pretty easy and really fun to play.