Page 1 of 2
I don't see it as cruelty. So it's ok to feed live mice to a snake, but not a puppy?

However, the article does say that he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty, and that his snake was found to have been neglected. So maybe THAT'S why he's on probation, as opposed to the puppy thing.
Thats sick.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Well, it is incredibly sick. For god sakes, its a dog. Its not right to feed it any animal, but a puppy, its just wrong.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
it's not right to feed a snake an animal, even though that's all they do eat? As I said before, people feed live rats and mice to snakes all the time. No uproar about that. But as soon as it's an animal that's a bit bigger, a bit cuter, and everyone's up in f*cking arms.
Lol.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's not right to feed a snake an animal, even though that's all they do eat? As I said before, people feed live rats and mice to snakes all the time. No uproar about that. But as soon as it's an animal that's a bit bigger, a bit cuter, and everyone's up in f*cking arms.

i dunno... maybe because mice and rats have a larger population than puppies? im not sure. i think just a lot of people like puppies.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Well its clear he was doing it for his own sick and twisted pleasure but in reality this is no more cruel than feeding the snake a mouse or a rat. It was probably kinder on the snake, in the wild they eat things like warthogs and things even bigger, i'd hate to be the snake that then got caught and sent to a zoo where all i got was a few little rats every day, a puppy would be a welcome treat
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
Quote by Dr.Tomahawk
Well its clear he was doing it for his own sick and twisted pleasure but in reality this is no more cruel than feeding the snake a mouse or a rat. It was probably kinder on the snake, in the wild they eat things like warthogs and things even bigger, i'd hate to be the snake that then got caught and sent to a zoo where all i got was a few little rats every day, a puppy would be a welcome treat

I like this man's thinking.

I'm not saying I would feed a snake to a puppy. I can't afford a puppy every two weeks.
Its quite disturbing he put it in cooking oil and 2 children watched it
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
If it wasn't a cute puppy people wouldn't give two shits.

I found it hilarious.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.

I'm not saying I would feed a snake to a puppy. I can't afford a puppy every two weeks.[/QUOT

good work sir, you are the biggest asshole ive seen on UG all day
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I'm not saying I would feed a snake to a puppy. I can't afford a puppy every two weeks.[/QUOT

At least he can use quote tags.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
oh come on.

If he'd fed a snake to the puppy, noone would give a ****.

but because its a cute little puppy its all "omgz, he kill3d teh sw33t puppyzorz"
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I completely agree with you. It's idiocy, it is only because it is seen as a more domestic animal in our culture, hell i'd eat a dog if it was served and cooked, because at the end of the day it's still meat, and if it tasted good i'd do it again without a second thought. You don't care when you eat cows or chicken etc do you. This snake is just eating a meal at the end of the day, just like your hamburger or steak.
^^ Apart from the thing where dogs are mans best friend, and the fact that if someone tried to feed a live snake to a dog is rather befuddling.
People dont see feeding mice and rats to snakes bad because there are huge amounts of them and they breed incredibly fast, they carry disease that can be passed on to humans and theyre pests.

EDIT - Anyway, im a great dog lover, so you guys probably shouldnt worry about my bias opinion here
Quote by Vornik
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I don't see it as cruelty. So it's ok to feed live mice to a snake, but not a puppy?

That's what I was thinking.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I think the fact that he cooked the damn thing in oil moreso that him feeding it to the snake got him the sentence
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Its looked down upon because the dog isnt given the chance to escape. In the wild the victims of the snakes can escape if they are careful. The conncection people make with dogs is probabaly the big issue here. No one thows sticks to rats to fetch."A dog is a mans best friend" Its simply becasue you can get love back from your dog if oyu give love to it. if you fed mice to the snake, the mice hate you and you hate the mice! No one makes connections with mice, they carry loads of disease, arent friendly and eat holes in places that cannot be reached to fix! lmao. Simply dogs are more valuable to men. Mice are vermin.

Related to the whole same a s feeidng mice to snake debate..
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
How would a snake dispose of the skeletal structure of the dog he devoured?

Quote by axe_thrasher
I completely agree with you. It's idiocy, it is only because it is seen as a more domestic animal in our culture, hell i'd eat a dog if it was served and cooked, because at the end of the day it's still meat, and if it tasted good i'd do it again without a second thought. You don't care when you eat cows or chicken etc do you. This snake is just eating a meal at the end of the day, just like your hamburger or steak.

Exactly. Dog is a delicacy in China, it's not seen as animal cruelty over there. Nor would it be seen as animal cruelty if he'd have fed another non-domestic animal to the snake.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by 01chardw
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I'm not saying I would feed a snake to a puppy. I can't afford a puppy every two weeks.

It was a sarcastic statement

btw, I fixed your quote tags

Quote by Smokey Amp
How would a snake dispose of the skeletal structure of the dog he devoured?

However they do it in the wild. Isn't their stomach acid strong enough to dissolve bone?

Exactly. Dog is a delicacy in China, it's not seen as animal cruelty over there. Nor would it be seen as animal cruelty if he'd have fed another non-domestic animal to the snake.

Yup, totally agreed. I like eating Bambi's and horses. OH NOES! ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!!!
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 17, 2007,
I feed my cat mice that i catch in the house..if it counts as animal cruelty :P strange thing is, i also get annoyed with her if she kills them herself in the garden:P

i only feed her the mice that piss me off
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Odd.

Rats and mice are fine, jeez UG, why would you eved try to defend them. If we stopped kill rats and mice, we'd have millions on out hands. Not cool. Puppies = Wrong. It's a domestic animal, and if not, in the wild dogs are hunters, not prey. Also, he bloody oiled it up, puppy had no chance. And made kids watch. Rats and mice, go for your life. And that rhymed.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
Quote by JD7
Odd.

Rats and mice are fine, jeez UG, why would you eved try to defend them. If we stopped kill rats and mice, we'd have millions on out hands. Not cool. Puppies = Wrong. It's a domestic animal, and if not, in the wild dogs are hunters, not prey. Also, he bloody oiled it up, puppy had no chance. And made kids watch. Rats and mice, go for your life. And that rhymed.

But that's a nonsensical argument. Whether an animal is a domestic creature or whether it is wild should not dictate how it can and cannot be treated. Besides, since when did people start going to prison for animal rights?

I think people who hit animals with their cars are worse than this guy, because at least he was feeding an animal in the process. It's called the food chain.

My momma din't raise no rat!

In a zoo in Sweden, they had an overpopulation of guinea pigs, so they decided to give some of them to the snakes as food.

When they got back a day later, the rodent had killed the snakes.

So THAT'S why you should only feed it mice.

Still, if the snake would starved to death, that would have been one death compared to all the dogs that dies to feed it, ever seen it that way?
Life is cruel either way.
It's pathetic to see how people consider an animal more important than another because they think it's more cute.

And this animal cruelty thing is stupid. I kill bugs almost every day. I step on them, I swat them away. Unintentional as it may be, that's animal cruelty by definition. If I treated a puppy in the same way, people would think I'm a sick twisted psycho or something.

What makes a bug less important than a puppy? Both are living beings.

If the only criteria for favoring an animal over another is because of what they look like and how easily we can relate to their appearance, then the world is stupid. As if that was new.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
It's pathetic to see how people consider an animal more important than another because they think it's more cute.

And this animal cruelty thing is stupid. I kill bugs almost every day. I step on them, I swat them away. Unintentional as it may be, that's animal cruelty by definition. If I treated a puppy in the same way, people would think I'm a sick twisted psycho or something.

What makes a bug less important than a puppy? Both are living beings.

If the only criteria for favoring an animal over another is because of what they look like and how easily we can relate to their appearance, then the world is stupid. As if that was new.

There are things that set animals apart in my mind:
How long they live and their amount of intelligence.
Quote by Guitarist132
Rats arent cute...Puppies are

thats sick

you're a ****ing idiot.

thats like saying "its ok to be disrespectful to ugly people, because they're ugly"

Quote by Renka

ants make whole cities in the ground. They work as a team to carry food around.

Bees make huge hives, they make food for themselves from flowers.

what does a puppy do?
run around and shit all over the place.

that aint intelligent.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Renka

Really?

How small and stupid does an animal have to be so torturing it wouldn't be considered "animal cruelty"?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was wondering when the barrages of "that's sick" and "omgzorz, the puppy? oh noes!" would start

omgzorz, the puppy? oh noes omgzorz, the puppy? oh noes omgzorz, the puppy? oh noes
Is that a sufficent barrage?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Page 1 of 2