With an OFR bridge, would springs have to be adjusted upgrading string gauge from 9 to 10?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
^^yea, that's the only thing you really need to adjust. you might want to readjust intonation but it's not much of a difference.
10's should give you better tuning stability...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jun 17, 2007,
i suggest swap one string at a time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
Slightly - 10's would have a bit more pull on the tremolo so you'd have to tighten the springs slightly.

n00b question, but how do I do that, and is it hard to do?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
well, open the trem cavity from the back of the guitar, and tighten the screws that hold the springs until the bridge is parallel with the body of guitar...
jenny, some pics maybe?
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by 666_Belial
well, open the trem cavity from the back of the guitar, and tighten the screws that hold the springs until the bridge is parallel with the body of guitar...
jenny, some pics maybe?

I don't actually have the guitar I'm going to be doing this on yet, I'm planning months ahead in advance here, but doesn't seem too bad No hurry on anything.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
yeah, ive seen that before but there isn't alot about adjusting springs
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’

two screws on the left side adjust the bridge height, small amounts.
and adding or taking off springs moves the whole bridge up and down.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Regardless how you're doing it - one string at a time or all at once - the guitar will need a FULL SETUP including truss rod adjustment when moving to a different gauge of strings. There's much more to changing gauges on a Floyd (or any bridge, for that matter) than just installing new strings and adjusting spring tension.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
Regardless how you're doing it - one string at a time or all at once - the guitar will need a FULL SETUP including truss rod adjustment when moving to a different gauge of strings. There's much more to changing gauges on a Floyd (or any bridge, for that matter) than just installing new strings and adjusting spring tension.

Going from 9's to 10's he prob isn't going to need a truss rod adjustment. He may but probably not. He may need to raise the action at the bridge slightly though.
He may be able to get away without the truss rod right away. But within a few days, the extra tension will bow the neck just a touch.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

the thing is, u never really know because perhaps his neck was very straight before, and the new gauge will be just what he needs to make it a nice angle for him.

i just always go into it with the attitude, that it's best to prepare in case you need an adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i just always go into it with the attitude, that it's best to prepare in case you need an adjustment.

Totally agreed. I do the same.

Funny, I changed from .09s to .10s and didn't require a setup adjustment. Maybe it's just my bridge or something? I dunno, anyway it worked fine.