I don't own a thumbpick, but I was wondering: If you use a thumbpick and bring your index finger over to your thumb, does it feel just like a regular pick in your hand, or do you have a lot less control? I ask because it seems like it would be advantageous to be able to go back and forth between regular picking and using it as a thumb pick.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
im not totally sure about this, but i think you would be able to do that, except it would just be less controll. The pick definitally wont move around. You should buy a cheap thumbpick, and then try it
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
My control was fine when I switched over to thumbpick. Only thing that changed was my approach to pinch harmonics (using index instead of the side of the thumb).
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
It's close, but I don't like the tone of a thumbpick used that way - they're normally way to thin for me.
i didnt really like thumb picks, i didnt lose almost any control, but it sounded alot like it was being muted, not like its soposed to, and at was like 4.40 for a 4 pack, so kinda expencive when u can get 12 picks for 4.40 ^_^
yes actually it does a bit, i have one from a while ago, and i played around with it a week or so ago, and i noted that it felt almost like a normal pick when i held it like that
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.