no. Everyone seems to be hopping on to bandwagons here... if it was SO bad then why would John Frusciante use one? Kirk hammett? I rest my case..

I've used one a few times myself and I can say there is nothing wrong with them.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
No, thats not true - the myth arises from the fact that rich (I have more money than musical knowledge) people will be using an all analog effects chain. This reduces a lot of the high end of the pedal (which is known as glitching - it happens when the input isn't a perfect note, like on the attack or a pickscrape). Most other people buy the WH4 reissue simply because of the cost - beginners/people who don't have the money for all the analog stuff will probably be using digital multi fx units. Both the whammy and the multi fx will have clock signals within them - you don't normally hear these, as they are way above human hearing, but when you add two together you get heterodyning, which you can hear as "the digital sound".
If you have a problem with a whammy and the digital noise, put a lowpass filter straight after it. I regularly mod WH4s for people by putting a simple lowpass inside the pedal, at the end of the wet line. In a straight A/B test between the WH1 and WH4, with a good tube amp and no other effects it's practically impossible to hear the difference.
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Thanks a lot for all your answers, I was beginning to think I should get the money for a wh-1.
Quote by Wyld Stallyn
No, thats not true - the myth arises from the fact that rich (I have more money than musical knowledge) people will be using an all analog effects chain. This reduces a lot of the high end of the pedal (which is known as glitching - it happens when the input isn't a perfect note, like on the attack or a pickscrape). Most other people buy the WH4 reissue simply because of the cost - beginners/people who don't have the money for all the analog stuff will probably be using digital multi fx units. Both the whammy and the multi fx will have clock signals within them - you don't normally hear these, as they are way above human hearing, but when you add two together you get heterodyning, which you can hear as "the digital sound".
If you have a problem with a whammy and the digital noise, put a lowpass filter straight after it. I regularly mod WH4s for people by putting a simple lowpass inside the pedal, at the end of the wet line. In a straight A/B test between the WH1 and WH4, with a good tube amp and no other effects it's practically impossible to hear the difference.

What a relief
What a relief

Yep, don't belief all the hype. Try stuff for yourself and see what you think.
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Quote by Wyld Stallyn
Yep, don't belief all the hype. Try stuff for yourself and see what you think.

I would love to do that but I live in a very small town in portugal and there isn't any music store around, I have to travel a lot to try anything, I have never in my live seen a whammy.