im writing a presentation about "the shining" for tomorrow. (This is for A2 level english literature)

I probably should of picked a book with more contextual links, but this is my favourite novel ever.

Ive allready written a plot outline, described some of King's writing and language techniques, and the use of flashback and memory in his books.

One small problem is that Ive lost my book.
so, is the whole family aware of the supernatural force from the hotel? or is it just dani? (bearing in mind that Jack is possessed, so he is the hotel)

by the way, the novel and the film are very very different, so dont give an answer if you havent read it.

thanks in advance
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
yup, that book was great.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by bequickorbedead
Wikipedia? Have you not finished all your stuff for A level? I thought it was just exams left...

Ive got the wiki open right now. It doesnt go into much detail.

and we're back in school after the As exams, so we can start the A level course.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
My uncle is a good friend of stephan king.just tought id let yall know....
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I'm pretty sure Wendy was aware as well, remember the elevator? I haven't read the book in a while.
i haven't read the book in 3 years, but i think only dani is aware until more towards the novel's conclusion when it becomes obvious something's wrong. i realy cant remember but i could've sworn the mother saw at least something supernatural at one point.
i havent read the book and therefore have no idea, but this is awesome

Quote by highway61
i haven't read the book in 3 years, but i think only dani is aware until more towards the novel's conclusion when it becomes obvious something's wrong. i realy cant remember but i could've sworn the mother saw at least something supernatural at one point.

Like I said, the elevator scene. Sometime in the middle of the night or so, the elevator starts moving, Jack blames it on faulty wiring or something, while Wendy goes into the elevator and pulls out a mask and there's confetti on the ground, if I recall correctly.
^ that sounds right. like i saide i think she realizes it, but not until later on in the novel after dani does. its clear in the novel that she is the force that keeps the family grounded, so for much of the novel she is what keeps the story somewhat grounded in reality, but as soon as she realizes the hotel is evil, it all breaks loose.
Quote by highway61
^ that sounds right. like i saide i think she realizes it, but not until later on in the novel after dani does. its clear in the novel that she is the force that keeps the family grounded, so for much of the novel she is what keeps the story somewhat grounded in reality, but as soon as she realizes the hotel is evil, it all breaks loose.

yep that sounds about right

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
My uncle is a good friend of stephan king.just tought id let yall know....

wow! really?
have you ever met him?

oh, and to all the people who replied, thanks. I completely forgot about that bit. Doesnt she hear a party in the basement or something? then she goes to look at the elevator and its full of confetti.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
^no i havent.my uncle lives in USA and i dont lol....
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick