View poll results: which pup?
hot rails?
6 55%
jb jr?
5 45%
Voters: 11.
^^^^
and why?
i play an american deluxe strat and i want something for a heavier tone the single coils cannot do
something along the lines of GNR EVH Scorpions etc
good harmonics are a must
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
you're going to get the same answer you got in your last 6 billion threads (and i saw the other 500 you made on HC too)... you ideally want a full size humbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
neither just get a full humbucker

it's more expensive but worth it and it will give you a great evh tone because his guitar was a strat with a humbucker wired on to it!

I had a hot rails and it's like a really really weak humbucker. It was really lame. I ended up just putting the single coil back in.

If you are lucky you will just have to get a new pickguard to fit the humbucker. That's if your strat's body is already pre routed so it can fit a humbucker. If you want to find out take the pickguard off and see.
^ yeah, agreed. obviously if it's not routed for a bridge humbucker, come back to us as it may not be worth the bother.

But if it is prerouted for a humbucker, and I wanted the tones you're after, I sure as heck know what I'd do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its almost definitly routed for HSH but i dont want to have to buy a new pickguard and then a new pup and then have to install it all by moving everything over to the new guard
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
^ ah, yeah, i guess it's a wee bit more work, i hadn't thought of that.

I'd still say it's worth it though. When you get the single coil sized humbucker and it doesn't get the exact tone you want you aren't liable to be too pleased either, I'd warrant...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
plus i doubt i could find a copper brownHSS guard
Quote by beeboshain
alternatively if you're any good, and don't mind it looking a bit diy, you could just chop a hole in your current pickguard.

I guess the thing is, do you want the tone you're after, or the looks?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you could rout yours
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ive made my decision
im getting the jb jr and if i dont like it i get like3 weeks to return it
Quote by beeboshain
^ ah, fair enough. might as well try it then.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by libskate44

wow, that's a lot for a pickguard.

i'd possibly consider the custom V, too- i'm not too fussed on alnico II for higher gain, though obviously personal preference and all that. but yeah, the custom custom would be better than the jb jr, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get the george lynch lil screamin demon it has less mids and less treb than the jb jr and the hot rails so itll sound alot better inna strat!
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
i just thought id let everyone that helped me out here on this thread that i am going all out and saving up the 160 bucks for the duncan custom shop EVH humbucker and then another 20-30 for a pickguard
Quote by beeboshain
^ cool! let us know what it's like, i haven't tried that one.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by libskate44
thanks for that
i guess your talking about the chocolate brown one?

They've got at least a couple of brownish ones in there. They had a copper metallic at one point, or at least I thought it was them, but sometimes they discontinue less than popular colors.

Another way to do this would be to get a clear pickguard and paint or wrap the backside of it.

I've ordered a several pickguards for both myself and others from WD and I've been happy with their service. They are a bit pricey as compared to some other places for run-of-the-mill pickguards but you can get just about anything you want from them.