Page 1 of 2
first learn what emo is and then write about it lol..the emo movement died in the early 90s so idk how it can be the new hair metal if there aren't any bands playing emo...you might be confusing emo with pop punk...try doing some research before writing an article
Their stilla re emo bands.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Their stilla re emo bands.

Fob,panic at the disco and the academy is are not emo bands
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Poison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fall Out Boy
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by yam
the definition of emo has changed.

it hasn't changed..it just has been misused by pop punk teens that don't know **** about music
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
Their still are emo bands.

to refraise bassist gal.

"There still are emo bands.

To rephrase bassist gal."
Quote by richwatkinson

Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Quote by giancarlosoldi
it hasn't changed..it just has been misused by pop punk teens that don't know **** about music

Exactly
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Quote by giancarlosoldi

unfortunately the majority make the rules.
Quote by giancarlosoldi

so now it means something else, because of the way people use it. get over it.
God, I hate genre nazis "it's not real emo"

Just no.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by quickquack

"There still are emo bands.

To rephrase bassist gal."

o mi gawd111 BassitGal made a grammar mistake, lets all laugh at him.

..Grow up..
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by lukephillips000
so now it means something else, because of the way people use it. get over it.

i don't really care about how ppl use it when talking, but if you're writing something that's going to be published somewhere, at least try to use the right terms
Quote by BassistGal

..Grow up..

It's closer to a spelling mistake. But yeah.
Quote by BassistGal

..Grow up..

I was correcting both of you. And it wasn't grammar, it was spelling.
Quote by richwatkinson

Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Quote by Mynabull
Poison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You missed a few >'s
Quote by mathieupM13
Fob,panic at the disco and the academy is are not emo bands

They are too me and everyone else in the mainstream.

WE DON'T CARE WHAT REAL EMO IS.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
They are too me and everyone else in the mainstream.

WE DON'T CARE WHAT REAL EMO IS.

that's because you're a soccer mom
Now children, let's all settle down now. Think of nipples 'n tits ... nipples 'n tits.

For the few ladies that scan the boards ... I have no clue what to calm you down with. Dick 'n balls ... maybe?
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Quote by grungefan89
Now children, let's all settle down now. Think of nipples 'n tits ... nipples 'n tits.

For the few ladies that scan the boards ... I have no clue what to calm you down with. Dick 'n balls ... maybe?

LOL
We already had a thread about this and it was terrible.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Jesus, 'Real Emos' are worse then 'Fake Ones' At least they don't bitch and whine, and think they are enlightening us by telling us what real emo is, and how the scene died ages ago.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Jesus, 'Real Emos' are worse then 'Fake Ones' At least they don't bitch and whine, and think they are enlightening us by telling us what real emo is, and how the scene died ages ago.

QFT

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by soccermom

who says i'm a "real emo" i don't even listen to emo...i'm just saying that if a person is going to write something that's going to be published, he should at least use the right terms

+1
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
There's a lot of people I can viciously insult.

The people who are flaming emos, and the people who are getting the definition wrong.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Mynabull
Everything>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fixed
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
You do realize that styles change over time, correct? This new emo is just a revolutionized version of the old emo. Metal today is far from what was considered metal 20 years ago. Even the definition of "Rock and roll" has changed over time.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
You do realize that styles change over time, correct? This new emo is just a revolutionized version of the old emo. Metal today is far from what was considered metal 20 years ago. Even the definition of "Rock and roll" has changed over time.

so if a lot of ppl say that green day is metal, they become metal?
I remember when the new usage of the word emo first came along, It was almost always applied to Post-hardcore bands.

Funeral For a Friend, Finch, Thursday.

Then, there was this wierd shift as it hit the mainstream, and people began applying it to fallout boy, panic at the disco, and my chemical romance ect.

Thats not emo as i knew it, and what i knew it as was wrong anyway.

I find it pretty interesting tbh. I love how everything people say about emos, they used to say about goths, i wonder what fad will come along next to create a new generation of social outcasts?
no one cares that you know the history of emo. shut the hell up idiots, the modern emo is in fact emo. stop acting like you know everything. things change.
Just for the record....
farting on a snare drum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fall Out Boy
Page 1 of 2