I've been looking for a vintage fuzz for forever. Please help. Anyone haveidea what I should check out for a fuzz that sounds like:

-hendrix
-Pink Floyd
-Jimmy Page
-Syd Barret
-Iron Butterfly

etc.

please help.

If you could, suggest things under $200.

peace and love,
matt
I'm a fan of the dunlop Fuzz Face, but ive heard mixed reviews from others. you can definitely get a decent Hendrix/Iron Butterfly sound out of it.
Arbiter Fuzz Face, ProCo Rat, ZVEX Fuzz Factory.. Try them.
I think Dave Gilmour used an Electro-Hamonix Big Muff. You should try that (the american and russian version of it) too.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
I'll second the Fuzz Face, it produces a very fuzzy tone.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
for the fuzz face, dunlop or generic, like anolog man, etc.

by the way, the EHX big Muff sucks for what I want.
I recently bought a Vox Tonebender off ebay it sounds really raunchy but in a good way, definatly get some great purple haze, no quarter, and how many more times tones.
Roger Mayer Classic fuzz.

Don't get a Dunlop Fuzz Face, they're awful.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I had one a while ago, and it just wasn't very good sounding. VERY dull.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
IMO the dunlop fuzz faces arent that good. but the clips of the HENDRIX sig fuzz face on dunlop's site is awesome, Si BC108s.

you can also try the BYOC ultimate fuzz, comes with AC128s and BC108s too. roger mayer, fulltone soulbender. check tonefactor too.
Quote by suckasucks
IMO the dunlop fuzz faces arent that good. but the clips of the HENDRIX sig fuzz face on dunlop's site is awesome, Si BC108s.

you can also try the BYOC ultimate fuzz, comes with AC128s and BC108s too. roger mayer, fulltone soulbender. check tonefactor too.

The thing with the Hendrix sig is that it's got silicon transistors, which isn't vintage correct. Germanium would definitely give you a more Hendrixy tone.
Not sure about Hendrix and the others, but Page used the Sola Sound Tonebender MKII. You can build your own like me
roger mayer axis fuzz

or you could try poking holes on your speaker like they did back in the olden days