Hey folks,

So I went ahead and got the Marshall JCM 800 50 watt combo. Its 25 years old but still absolutely beautiful. Even though its in major need of a tune-up, it still beats the **** out of my MG30DFX (duh.) The seller, who owns an antique shop, had no idea how many owners its had, or when the tubes were last changed. Oh well..But heres my problem, the seller did not have a footswitch for the amp. Now whenever I turn it on, it is permanently on the "Boost" channel. Basically, I can't get the clean channel on. Can I change the channel without the footswitch, or am I gonna go out and have to find one for this model? Any help is greatly appreaciated....Still gaining knowledge on amps here. Thanks!
I doubt you'd have to find a footswitch for that exact model, I mean I don't generally like Marshalls much but I'd imagine just a standard marshall footswitch would work, as with most other amps.

Edit: As for being able to change it without a footswitch, I have no idea:P: Sorry
Quote by sdmf.1919
I doubt you'd have to find a footswitch for that exact model, I mean I don't generally like Marshalls much but I'd imagine just a standard marshall footswitch would work, as with most other amps.

Edit: As for being able to change it without a footswitch, I have no idea:P: Sorry

Yah I sure hope so. Thanks!

Maybe someone else knows for sure...
you coudl make your own footswitch. if its a stereo instrument cable input you can mess around and see what works
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
you coudl make your own footswitch. if its a stereo instrument cable input you can mess around and see what works

eh...any ideas?
Just checking, but are you sure its not a single channel amp?
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Yeah, the dual-channel 800s have a switch on the front for the OD channel. If there's no switch, then it's single channel.
And if it is single channel you just have to keep the gain low and roll down your guitars volume to play clean.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
There are 3 knobs under "Clean" and 6 knobs under "Boost." A red light indicated "boost" is on. I managed to switch it to clean by letting an instrument cable hang out of the footswitch input. I hope this wont cause any damage, I don't think it will.