Alright so i just "obtained" a EMC guitar cabinet. At my local music store there was a cab and said "free" on it so i took it. When i tested it out at home it didn't work. I'm not quite sure whether it was because i was using my amp as a head or because there was something wrong with the speakers. but i took it apart and saw that the speakers had no covering and was just metal (you know the soft part of the speaker that moves was gone) is it possible that this was the cause? also are cabs supposed to have power supplies? ANY help would be much appreciated!
Once I was crawling on a spider's face, and then i bit it.

Quote by Mudmen190
Kickass. Find some other people and have box-wars...And box-aftermath...And box-victory-feast....Even....Bocksecks?
its probly free cuz someone puked on it/ had sex inside it/ killed someone on top of it.

also, its free because it doesnt work and cant be fixed!
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by tamer of horses
saw that the speakers had no covering and was just metal (you know the soft part of the speaker that moves was gone) is it possible that this was the cause? also are cabs supposed to have power supplies? ANY help would be much appreciated!

Do you mean the paper cones were missing?

If the cab is in good shape get some new speakers for it.

No, most guitar cabs don't have their own power supply (amp).
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.