I'm gonna outbid you cause i'm rich muwahahahaha just kidding, good luck
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
awesome. i hope you get it. they are amazing
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah, but its about a future classic 30 owner...
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
good luck. I got a perfect JCM2000 for $600 off of ebay. didnt think i would win it but when I did it was an awesome feeling. Then you get bragging rights for that great deal.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Quote by BcRichOwner
this thread is pointless

Why did you reply then? That just makes your post pointless too.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Good luck, mate. I hope you get it. .
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
good luck

Hope you get it- god you're in need of a good amp
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Dont I DISTINCTLY remember you making about 3 threads asking advice on which amps to get and which to avoid, then ignoring every piece of advice given and buying a spider....which you are now selling....?

No point, just wondering....
Diezel, Motherfucker
^^He appears to have learned his lesson and is now in the process of bidding on a classic 30.

Damn I want to give in and buy one of those right now.

Well anywho good luck, the Classic 30 is a nice amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
True true true, its a damn good choice, hope it suits!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^^He appears to have learned his lesson and is now in the process of bidding on a classic 30.

Damn I want to give in and buy one of those right now.

Well anywho good luck, the Classic 30 is a nice amp.

maybe this will make you give in

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OkMAcMm8vZo

i love that tone. gibson lp through a classic 30. and sometimes using a tubescreamer

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

i love that tone. gibson lp through a classic 30. and sometimes using a tubescreamer

Nice... It's no Les Paul + cranked JCM 800 though... THAT tone...i love it
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yes but classic 30s are much cheaper haha. well i dunno what jcms cost but i got my classic 30 for 100 bucks w00t!

and yeah i know what you mean. but that still sounds awesome. you gotta admit

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

He did Zeppelin and the one in my store is only $300 *must jump on deal*.

I'm trying to see what other amps I can try before buying the classic 30 in case there's something better. But all these Classic 30 threads haven't made the wait any easier.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

haha. THERE IS NOTHING.

well i dont know. (GO)you gotta just try(BUY) as many as you can in (THE)the same range, then(CLASSIC) you will find(30) the best one. but with a(NOW) deal like that, if it(!!!) was me i wouldnt pass it up.(!)

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah it's one of the older models too, without the Peavey name on the grill. It's used and looks a bit roughed up. (Of course it sounded fine and the amp seems to be fine, except for the tube rattling sound and such which I hear is normal for classic 30's).

Only problem is this is gonna be one of those big buys where I won't be able to buy another amp for a good number of years so I don't want to regret the decision.

A war between bad GAS and common sense ensues.

If I can wait a few months I would probably have more cash and be able to get a new Classic 30, or even something better in a higher price range. (Blues deluxe )

well if you get it for 300, then later find a better amp, you could probably clean up the amp some and everything and sell it for 350 to 400

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BcRichOwner
this thread is pointless

Yeah I agree, hypocrisy is a great.

Translated for idiots: Your a hypocrite for posting spam about spamming.
Quote by gsr2k6
Yeah I agree, hypocrisy is a great.

Translated for idiots: Your a hypocrite for posting spam about spamming.

So is your post.

TS, good luck man, and IMO, there really IS nothing better for $300. Although, you may have to shell out for tube guards, and new tubes, you know? Does it come with the footswitch?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
No footswitch, it's just the amp I believe, pretty sure this would be my main amp for a long time and so far the Classic 30 seems to be great for that.

But if it's anything like my guitar purchase i'll buy it and a month later find something better and regret what I bought. However the extra money would give me some cash for effects and such. Probably gonna go try the amp again if it's still in the store and decide.

Either way if I don't buy I could always get one new later on, maybe a Classic 30 head or Classic 50 2x12.

If it's in good condition don't see why not, that's still probably less than what a new one will cost you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014&src=3WFRWXX
Like $600 new on here.

Edit: For no real reason but which one do you guys prefer, the...
old design?

or new design?

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 17, 2007,
Old, but I'm biased because I have an old style Classic. IMO the curve doesn't really work very well.

How long have the Classic 30's been $600, didn't they used to sell for less?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
old definitely. thats what i have. the curve is weird. if i got a new one id probably mod it a little bit

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Doesn't really matter to me, it's what's under the hood that matters,
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

yea i want an old black one and i dont like that curve.

EDIT: one hour left. i gonna go up to $350 and if then i dont get it then i just go for a different one. o....the only blemish is a small tear in the tolex on top of the amp.
Last edited by jman007_93 at Jun 17, 2007,
I see the amp on the bay, nice find. However, that 15 watt classic 20 caught my eye there.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I prefer the new design...

The old one looks too...ancient.

I like the new one's tolex.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club