Can anyone tell me what they know about this profession? How does it pay, requirements, etc. (i live in georgia btw).
thanks
I believe you put out fires. The more fires you put out, the more money you get. If you put out 3 fires at once, you get a combo bonus. You need the ability to put out fires.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Well... If you're ready to risk your own life, to save people you dont know, then I guess you are suited for the task. Dont do it because you want to show of, do it because it matters to you...

Firefighters are really the unsung heroes...
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Look into it? I dunno much about it. But don't you have to be on call volunteer. Or you go to school for it to train to be one. Pay is awesome from what I hear.And it's also 5 days on and 5 days off. But thats up here in Canda so I dunno.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I dunno how things are in Georgia, but in the UK, the Fire Brigade tend to recive at least 30 applications per post advertised.
As for the profession, in the UK, full time firefighters work 4 days on, 4 days off, and get a(very) respectable salary. Many also train for their HGV license with the brigade, and use this as a second job on their off days. The work is physically very demanding, and on occasion dangerous. Firefighters also have a high incidence of menatl illness, such as PTSD, owing to the sometimes gruesome nature of the job(ie finding the bodies of those killed in fires, or cutting the dead/dieing out of the wreckage of RTAs).
well you need 436 math or 526-536 math . the Avg salary in 05 was 658 a week.
it's a pretty demanding job 1 of the schools i wanted to go to only accepts 144 students
1440 applied those who passed the physical test got to the written test those to pass you need 75% only the top 200 students are picked and out of those the best overall gets to go to the school. and to work in a big city you need to go to a college for 2 years for fire prevention.
Quote by MightyAl
I dunno how things are in Georgia, but in the UK, the Fire Brigade tend to recive at least 30 applications per post advertised.
As for the profession, in the UK, full time firefighters work 4 days on, 4 days off, and get a(very) respectable salary. Many also train for their HGV license with the brigade, and use this as a second job on their off days. The work is physically very demanding, and on occasion dangerous. Firefighters also have a high incidence of menatl illness, such as PTSD, owing to the sometimes gruesome nature of the job(ie finding the bodies of those killed in fires, or cutting the dead/dieing out of the wreckage of RTAs).

I know a few firefighters and they don't do the 4-4 shift thing.
Alot I know either do a full week of 12-18 hour shifts then a week off.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I don't know about Georgia, but from what I understand, is that you would work four 24 hour days and have three days off. or something like that. the pay is incredibly good. And it isn't easy to get into. It's not a good idea to take the volunteer route, as why would they hire you if you are doing the same job for free. But people I know say it's a pretty awesome job, where you sit around a lot, ride in a big cool truck, get paid for sleeping, and occasionally run the risk of death. I say go for it. It's a good job, has the prestige and hottness factor for women and the possibility of being a hero. Actually, all three of those things turn women on.

Dude, you could be in a calender. what more could you want?
unless your a woman. then we would like to see you in the calender.
well this isnt a big city at all where i live... what do you need to work at the most as far as high school education?