Becoming The Archetype and The Showdown... both of their sophomore albums are departures from their first... BTA uses death growls, not hardcore screaming. There's melody to the songs. The Showdown's second album is heavy metal, straight up heavy metal...

why can't I post about them in the metal forum where they belong?
Quote by fender3592
doesn't metalcore have melody?

None that I've listened to. Just got back from a concert festival with the majority of the bands being metalcore, and I only looked forward to BTA and The Showdown... 90% of the bands that played that I'd call "metalcore" had no melody in their songs whatsoever. Sounded like everyone was playing a different song.
Everyone on this forum needs to be incinerated. The threads are getting worse everyday.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Read anything on this forum and you'll understand. People are ignorant. Nobody wants to admit that they are.

Hardcore would be pretty simple really aggressive punk along the lines of Minor Threat, The Circle Jerks, Kids Like Us, Kill Your Idols, Limp Wrist, etc.

Metalcore would be a mix of that and metal, along the lines of Most Precious Blood, Avenged Sevenfold (first two albums), 25 Ta Life (horrible band, still metalcore though), Botch, Converge, etc.

Kids seem to take it that if anything has a breakdown or a two-step part, it must be hardcore, for some reason, even though those are elements of both metal and hardcore, so yeah.
Quote by Tehzekester

why can't I post about them in the metal forum where they belong?

Because there are more important things in this world than defining music to an ultra-specific genre.

So get over it.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Just tell idiots when they're wrong and make suitable threads yourself then.

Quote by Tehzekester
None that I've listened to. Just got back from a concert festival with the majority of the bands being metalcore, and I only looked forward to BTA and The Showdown... 90% of the bands that played that I'd call "metalcore" had no melody in their songs whatsoever. Sounded like everyone was playing a different song.

Killswitch Engage - Numbered Days, The Element Of One
Avenged Sevenfold - Reminissions The Art Of Subconcious Illusion
Dead Man In Reno - From Here I Can See The Shore, Cursed
It Dies Today - Threnody For The Modern Romance, A Romance By The Wings Of Icarus

etc.

There's so many that have melodic parts, silly boy.
Last edited by i am the robots at Jun 17, 2007,
Quote by i am the robots

Killswitch Engage - Numbered Days, The Element Of One
Avenged Sevenfold - Reminissions The Art Of Subconcious Illusion
Dead Man In Reno - From Here I Can See The Shore, Cursed
It Dies Today - Threnody For The Modern Romance, A Romance By The Wings Of Icarus

etc.

There's so many that have melodic parts, silly boy.

those are some of, if not the worst, bands in metalcore today.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by Disco Vietnam
Everyone on this forum needs to be incinerated. The threads are getting worse everyday.

Agreed.
Stop whining about genres, and stop bitching about threads not being found and what not.