Page 1 of 2
I need to upgrade from my zen nano which doesn't hold near enough songs on it and I'm deciding between a 30GB ipod video and a 30GB zen vision m. The zen has more features but I only really care about music,videos,and pics. I just want to know which is better and how easy it is to put songs on them.
Listen to CKY.
Zen.
People seem to like iTunes but I think it's terrible, because of fact you can't get music from it onto your PC, or plug your iPod into someone elses PC. I HEARD that it deletes all your music if you do that.
Get some sort of multimedia player... like a cowon?
Quote by j.pagejr.
if im in a rush then its in the water but if i have time to be precise i aim for the side

Quote by Shredder6
you guys stand up?
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Zen.
People seem to like iTunes but I think it's terrible, because of fact you can't get music from it onto your PC, or plug your iPod into someone elses PC. I HEARD that it deletes all your music if you do that.

It's true. Zen'll be better, get that.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
i love my creative zen, it works great with windows media player and has never given me any trouble. i've had to reinstall windows a couple times since having it and it works great for backing up all my music as you can take ur music off of it later, i could never do that with an ipod.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

i usually endorse ipod but mine just broke i haven't had it for that long and now i have to drive 45 minuets to the apple store. **** ipod, go zen!
Get a Zune
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Zen.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
people are allways putting ipods down, saying they break, and the battery life is crap. but they are really really good. I have a 30gig, and its brilliant.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
zen
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
If you set it up right....Just downloading your music is all you have to do with an ipod cos it does it auto-style.
Not sure about Zen. Cept thats its a cool word
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
i have an 80g ipod, don't register it and you wont have problems restoring music, or borrowng from other's itunes.
I had a Zen, and it was alright...

You have to use Creative Media Player though, which sucks ass.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
Zen all the way, they're far more durable than iPods, I find them more user friendly, and the sound quality's better too.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Zen.

It doesnt delete your music it actually copies over if their itunes syncs the music.

Get an Ipod. I have both, and the Zen might have more features, but the videos are choppy and not good quality.

The Ipod on the other hand is great. I love it, wouldnt ever replace it.

And Zune is ****. Im not paying 14 bucks a month for music.
Get a zen, iv had mine for about 3 years now and it still works perfectly, much better value and they play WMA too. And you can change volume whilst choosing songs to que up
Quote by giant_toaster
I had a Zen, and it was alright...

You have to use Creative Media Player though, which sucks ass.

And i dont use this usually, windows media or realplayer work fine
Sansa e280

its only 170 plays videos too...... and it has 8 gig

You definatly dont need 30 gig of space
zune kicks all thier asses
i have one and its amazing
its so easy to put music onto it
i love it
but out of the two, go zen
Zen.

The only problem I have with mine is the size.
Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
Ipods are overpriced peices of ****.
Considering you can get a better, more reliable, and with more features mp4 of the same price and memory, you have no excuse to buy one. Get the Zen.

I had a 30gb ipod video that broke 2 months after the warranty expired. As many of the horror stories go, they're designed to break after the warranty dies. Battery life was appalling, froze every five minutes. Just dont do it...
Quote by d00diseeyou
It doesnt delete your music it actually copies over if their itunes syncs the music.

Get an Ipod. I have both, and the Zen might have more features, but the videos are choppy and not good quality.

its called limewire duh
Quote by d00diseeyou

It's only 15 bucks a month if you get the unlimited subscription.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Zen, best purchase you will ever make
This is a .44 caliber love letter straight from my heart!

I'm the FUCKin' pope of Morelloism
pm me or tano to become a follower of the newest BS religion

member of
**** the MCR Fan Club ****
Pm darkangel24 to join
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Zen.

you need to switch off the synchronisation, after that you can delete all your iTune songs and the songs on your iPod are still there. same goes for plugging it into another pc. its also worth downloading software that lets you take music off the iPod and onto the PC
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I've got an 80gb iPod, works fine. havent had a problem with it so far. but seems like most people are backing the zen...so I'll slink away quietly
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
The ZEN is the BEST thing ive ever bought, it has more features and happens to be cheaper
(because of the name of course) than any dumb ipod

go to you local Best Buy and do a side to side comparison of and ipod and Zen
I am almost certain you'll pick a Zen

Zen is also much more compatible with a PC

in think most people buy Ipods just for the name,

if you dont want to be a conformist buy a ZEN!!!
Quote by cky_rocks
I need to upgrade from my zen nano which doesn't hold near enough songs on it and I'm deciding between a 30GB ipod video and a 30GB zen vision m. The zen has more features but I only really care about music,videos,and pics. I just want to know which is better and how easy it is to put songs on them.

I just bought a ZEN vision M a week ago, picked it over the ipod 30 gb, the great thing about the zen is, NO ITUNES, and you can get music from almost every where, mainly rhapsody, bestbuy music, realplayer music store, etc, etc.....everything else is the about the same in comparison to the ipod except the battery life for a movie lasts half an hour more than the ipod.

Remember to buy the warranty no matter what, for the zen, my warranty will give me the new version for free when it comes out , all I gotta do is swap it with my old one, not sure if that is featured with Apple warranty or not.
Quote by STriNG-RaY
The ZEN is the BEST thing ive ever bought, it has more features and happens to be cheaper
(because of the name of course) than any dumb ipod

go to you local Best Buy and do a side to side comparison of and ipod and Zen
I am almost certain you'll pick a Zen

Zen is also much more compatible with a PC

in think most people buy Ipods just for the name,

if you dont want to be a conformist buy a ZEN!!!

lol, cause thats the most important thing

But seriously, I have a Zen Vision and I absolutely love it. The only problem is its a bit big, but for what I use it for its great. My dad and bro both have iPods and I cant stand iTunes at all, it ends up running slow and I don't like it as much as the Window Media Player.
Quote by bretws
Im a diesel truck
haha yeah if you have a PC get the vision.
if you have a mac get a ipod.

that's why apple products are so good. they were made to work with each other.
ipod, itunes, mac. it all runs so well together. they make both the hardware and software for ultimate awesome-ness.

but yeah if u have pc stay away from apple.
itunes sucks on pc as well.

get a zune or creative or whatever else made for pc.
Zenvision... is that the one with the blu-glowing clickwheel type dealie..?
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Quote by toxicity33
Zenvision... is that the one with the blu-glowing clickwheel type dealie..?

This?
Quote by bretws
Im a diesel truck
i actually own the zen, and the only downside is that it doesent support mp4 video, if u can deal with that, get the zen
couple questions about the zen, might as well ask them here:
can i put my Itunes library into windows media player (or whatever the zen uses)

and also, can i use "DVD decrypter" and "videora" to rip dvd's and put them into windows media player, or do i have to use something else?
Quote by d00diseeyou

um Zen has a better screen resolution than the ipod making the videos better quality. I love the zen so much better than ipod
Quote by riffmasterjosh
um Zen has a better screen resolution than the ipod making the videos better quality. I love the zen so much better than ipod

I really need to get some movies onto my zen but right now I'm too cheap to actually buy them from rhapsody or etc.
Page 1 of 2