Ok, I've put 10s on my Ibanez which has an Edge III bridge and previously had 9s. This made the bridge go up and the neck bend a bit. I adjusted the truss rod and the tremelo springs to sort this out but now the 2 screws in the back are fully screwed in.

I think I need another trem spring but since I never use the trem I can't be bothered and just want to block it off completely and use it as a hardtail. How do I go about doing this?

Cheers
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Blocking The Tremolo System

There are couple of things that you can do to block them -
  • 2 wooden blocks, cut to a proper measurement according the distance between the body and the trem block;
  • More than 2 blocks/thin pieces of wood that are sandwiched in between (i prefer this way as you dont need the exact 100% proper measurement)

It is highly recommended that you make sure that your bridge is perfectly parallel or near perfect before you take your measurements. You dont want your studs/knife edges to be chipped/dented when you adjust the action.

------------------------------------------ madpickin03®------------------------------------------
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah you could, but you gotta extend the grounding wire from the claw since there's nothing connecting it to the tremolo block
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jake911
Just leave 1 spring in.

Or you can leave no springs and stick the ground wire into one holes in the block.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.