our band needs a new song to play. so far we are just a cover band and know about ten covers. we are a classic rock southern rock band, and we cant think of nething else to play.
alrite thanks keep the suggestions comin. just keep in mind it is a two guitar band
Free Bird...

That way, when someone in the crowd yells that obnoxious line, you can go, "Sure thing!", and let it rip.
lol yea we are workin on freebird its a process. ive only been playin guitar since christmas. gimmie three steps is prolly our best and most fun song we simple tear it up. we are a begginer band so nuthin to hard. more suggestions!!!
Quote by malcs
our band needs a new song to play. so far we are just a cover band and know about ten covers. we are a classic rock southern rock band, and we cant think of nething else to play.

'

Why dont you try to make your own song?
should i stay or should i go by the clash. very easy song but very good and there isn't one person out there who doesn't know it
Not really material for a classic rock southern band, but Foreigner Suite by Cat Stevens would be awesome. Especially if you had a pianist. I can see it sounding cool with a southern influence on it.
looks like slow ride will be our next song. it looks pretty cool. nemore suggestions?
try honesty-billy talent, thats a good easy one
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
nah not much into that song. could you suggest some more harder rock songs
Quote by yawn
Free Bird...

That way, when someone in the crowd yells that obnoxious line, you can go, "Sure thing!", and let it rip.

btw what does this mean???????????
and harder rock? how about twisted transistor by Korn. thats hard.
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
Cowboys From Hell- Pantera

What? They originated in texas, thats southern!

lol
All Your Bass Are Belong To Us.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Bass
Fender Rumble 15 Bass Amplifier
1986 300 Watt Peavy Amplifier
i dont think korn is classic or southern rock, but thanks for the suggestion. i was meanin like some songs from like allman brothers, acdc, zepplin, bands like that. not outkast or billy tallent. i guess wat im sayin is popular stuff. by harder i didnt mean in difficult
Quote by Kultur Vultur
Outkast - Hey Ya

Open G Chord --> Open C Chord
repeat ad nauseum

not that easy mate...you're forgetting the D and E
Quote by the_triangle
btw what does this mean?

There is quite an old joke in touring bands that people tend to shout "Do FreeBird!" at the band, most of the time they're not serious, but if you do do it well people will be amazed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
simple man we just learned easy song. its a fun song to play and its wat we needed to fill out our set. more suggestions please!!!!
highway to hell is a must. i forgot i knew that song. yea, ill tell the band about that one. in your guys opinion do you think it is better to have quantity over quality. i mean our songs are all good but it seems like alot of bands around here just throw some covers together sloppily. we are now at about 12 covers and growin and a couple of those are incomplete so.......
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Black Betty by Ram Jam.
GREAT song and insanely easy. Check it out.
Most people have probably already heard it.

Thanks to Spiderbait. Ha.......................Spiderbait
I go to eleven..........
okay question. im new to this whole gig thing. ive only had a couple but they have onlu been with my church so no rock. say we have a 45 minute to an hour time slot. about how many songs do you think we should try to fit in. after our next practice we should have about 14 covers finished so wat do you think
My Generation- The Who, it has a really good vibe, and it is easy as hell
Blitzkrieg Bop- The Ramones I know it is punk, but tons of people know this song.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Can't you see - The Marshall Tucker Band people go crazy for that
Mississippi Queen - Mountain
Saturday Night Special - Skynyrd
Little Change in My Pocket - Georgia Satellites
Free Bird is alot to remember, you might want to go and like improvise on the solo a bit.
Midnight Rider _ The Allman Brothers Band
You better have sweet home alabama...lol