i'm looking for a good amp for about $100- 150...

i'm into metal and stuff like that.
any suggestions?
Quote by jman007_93
sry but there is no good amps for that much. u need to go all tube. trust me. and dont get a roland cube or valvetronix. trust me. ur best bet is at a 5150/6505 combo or a Xxx combo.

multiply your budget by ten, and u have a used mesa single rectifier
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
i just need a decent practice amp, but i guess i can save some... err a lot of money and get a good one.
Quote by jman007_93
sry but there is no good amps for that much. u need to go all tube. trust me. and dont get a roland cube or valvetronix. trust me. ur best bet is at a 5150/6505 combo or a Xxx combo.

Dude, shut the hell up for once, your completely jumping on the bandwagon.

your best bet is a Roland Cube, for that low of a budget thats all you can really do, dont listen to this kid who has hardly any experience with tube amps direct you to amps 6 times your budget, if you had a larger budget i'd say go all tube, but for that play a Cube.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by jman007_93

dont take advice from this guy. trust me.

you could follow the herd mentality here and get the cube. but i myself use the little 15 watt vox for bedroom jamming and with a bad monkey pushing the front i can get any tone i want.
not a VJ, way to vintage-voiced and even with a great OD pedal couldent reach high-gain.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
not a VJ, way to vintage-voiced and even with a great OD pedal couldent reach high-gain.

my favorite amp is a fender twin reverb clone. and i can get the most skull rattling tones and screaming pinch harmonics youve ever heard out of it. distortion is easy, clean isnt.
roland cube. not a 15 tho, if u get the 30 it has a ton of effects like acoustic and flanger, reverb...etc
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by sethp
epiphone valve junior
a good od pedal, and a delay pedal
go used

I sometimes wonder if these people have even played VJs, or if they just like to jump on the bandwagon of us classic rock and blues players who like them without too much pedal-age. Yarg, they're NOT FOR METAL!