Hey folks, i was at my guitar teacher today. He excused himself because he had to use the loo, then he came back and said oh look, dont put your guitar on its back, it should either be standing, or face down, he said something about the pressure on the neck. IF anyone can clarify or justify that, that would be great. Thanks
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
Quote by Marwanbaki
Hey folks, i was at my guitar teacher today. He excused himself because he had to use the loo, then he came back and said oh look, dont put your guitar on its back, it should either be standing, or face down, he said something about the pressure on the neck. IF anyone can clarify or justify that, that would be great. Thanks

Superstition. Putting any stress on the neck at all causes it to warp over time, but leaving it on the ground for 30 seconds will not cause any change.
Hmm, so how could i put it on the couch safely?, maybe put the neck on the side handle or something?
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

hmm ?
Quote by greendayguitar

...That's idiotic, if that were true, leaning a guitar against a wall would wreck the neck, holding the neck of the guitar while playing would warp the neck and resting the neck on a guitar stand would warp the neck. The neck of a guitar is not THAT fragile, they are designed to be used. Don't stand on the guitar when it's on the floor and you should be fine.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
...That's idiotic, if that were true, leaning a guitar against a wall would wreck the neck, holding the neck of the guitar while playing would warp the neck and resting the neck on a guitar stand would warp the neck. The neck of a guitar is not THAT fragile, they are designed to be used. Don't stand on the guitar when it's on the floor and you should be fine.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Anyone have any ideas about slanted necks? (i'm probably not being clear) For instance my les paul classic's neck (set) doesn't go out strait from the body it kinda slants back (the neck itself is dead straight but with respect to the body it's slanted back). I saw in a music store they placed something near the headstock so that the guitar wasn't flat on it's back. anyone?
Oh I know, he is probably talking about the angled headstock.

Unlike the strat headstocks it is angled I think around 45 degrees. And if you leave a guitar like a Les Paul on it's back part of the guitar's weight rests on the headstock. Leaving it on the ground for a little while shouldn't do much damage.
However the head stock is more likely to break if too much pressure or weight is put on it.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Oh I know, he is probably talking about the angled headstock.

Unlike the strat headstocks it is angled I think around 45 degrees. And if you leave a guitar like a Les Paul on it's back part of the guitar's weight rests on the headstock. Leaving it on the ground for a little while shouldn't do much damage.
However the head stock is more likely to break if too much pressure or weight is put on it.

this is true