hey guys, i am a 15 year old guy who just started working because i need a badass drumkit for my band. i have a question about taxes and stuff...how much is taken out? is it a certian percent or sumthin? how does that work? i appreciate any feedback...besides the smartasses...even though they can be funny sometimes...haha thanks guys
There's no real telling. There are community taxes you'll have to pay to your township, and it varies. Robinson, a township near my own, charges a $10 fee on taxes. My township, Moon, taxes $52 for community taxes. It sucks, but it happens. Depending on the amount of hours you can legally work, where you work, community charges, etc., you will have different amounts taken out.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
depends were you work. You usually get a W-2 form from your employer, and there you can specify how much you want to withhold from your paychecks (a certain percentage). The amount of taxes you pay depend on how much you make over the year. If its less than a certain amount ($3000- $5000 I can't remember the exact amount) you don't have to worry about taxes. However, judging by your age you will probably be payed under the table (the legal working age where I live is 16, idk about Ohio).
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I think that it just varies depending on the town and state that you're in, because every place is different.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by iceman_8319
depends were you work. You usually get a W-2 form from your employer, and there you can specify how much you want to withhold from your paychecks (a certain percentage). The amount of taxes you pay depend on how much you make over the year. If its less than a certain amount ($3000- $5000 I can't remember the exact amount) you don't have to worry about taxes. However, judging by your age you will probably be payed under the table (the legal working age where I live is 16, idk about Ohio).

That's pretty accurate. But I worked legally when I was 15 in Missouri, but yeah, I don't know about Ohio. When I had a job I worked about 20 hours a week and never worried about taxes. You'll usually get a little taken out for federal unemployment insurance, but nothing major.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Since I've started working about 3 years ago, (wow, that kinda makes me feel old) I have had roughly 12-15 percent taken out of my paychecks. I'd assume 20%... that way you would probably have some to spare.