Page 1 of 6
I have a question about cutting, as in cutting yourself. How does it feel, i just don't understand why people do that. So..How does it feel while your cutting, is it really that satisfying to go thru?
What do you think cutting feels like? Surely you have gotten a cut somewhere once in your life.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
No people just do it because, "the pain is the only real thing in their lives" BS I say, just felling sorry for themselves and trying to be cool and Emo.
Quote by Steve Harris
I have a question about cutting, as in cutting yourself. How does it feel, i just don't understand why people do that. So..How does it feel while your cutting, is it really that satisfying to go thru?

Well I'm guessing it feels very painful. People do this because it replaces the pain and makes them think the pain is coming from the cutting not the emotional pain.

An example is if my girlfriend dumped me. I'd feel very sad. To get my mind off it I would cut myself thinking the pain is coming from the cutting and not the breakup.

I'm not really sure why the hell people do this, it's very pathetic, and harmful
dude .. thats stupid.. i hate emo fags ..
uhuh .. oh yeh .. umm .. okay
It's a bunch of bullshit. Most people do it for attention.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by 5_Strings
dude .. thats stupid.. i hate emo fags ..

Who doesn't? Non-emos hate them and Emos hate themselves... so who does that leave to like them?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Here comes the emo-bashing. I don't like the trend, but it's just social evolution.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Ya people do it for attention or to "fit in" with those "emo" kids. Seriously, if you're gonna cut yourself until your death why don't you just ****ing shoot yourself or plunge that knife into your heart already, I'm sure that'll get rid of all the pain

/rant
Attention seeking, or as said, to almost "replace" emotional pain.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Endorphins?

Or attention.

Emo bashing got old a long time ago. Bashing them now just makes you look like a jackass.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
cutting in a half hearted attempt to die. The person can i guess realese stress and create an impending sense of death that blocks out the depression or whatever. Usually just deepens the depression when they realise they arent going to die or dont have the guts to kill themselves and the depressing feeling retakes its position stronger and deeper.
---------------------------------------------->Multiple cutting, one/two scarred ugly arms, one very tearful/depressed/angered emo.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by paulvxD
Ya people do it for attention or to "fit in" with those "emo" kids. Seriously, if you're gonna cut yourself until your death why don't you just ****ing shoot yourself or plunge that knife into your heart already, I'm sure that'll get rid of all the pain

/rant

+1
Hi, I like pie.

¯\(º_o)/¯
one girl in my school TRIED to cut herself with a cd lol.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Why not masturbate instead of cutting? It makes things better and feels better right?

can I get a whoop whoop?
people do it because it feels really good...cutting urself makes your body produce endorphins to give you a natural high...

but you'll get the same effect if go out and get some hard-core exercise
Quote by Muphin
Here comes the emo-bashing. I don't like the trend, but it's just social devolution.

Fixed?

Quote by Smokey Amp
It's a bunch of bullshit. Most people do it for attention.

I agree. many people do superficial cutting for attention. however, people who are "serious" cutters hide it extremely well, and are mortified when others discover their secret.

I used to cut, burn myself.. other self-mutilation. I've also been hospitalized for several attempted suicides. I didn't do it for attention, I did it to escape. and it doesn't hurt. even now, when I accidentally cut or burn myself, I don't really feel it.

I haven't cut "seriously" for about five years. the last time, about two years ago, was to get placed in a mental hospital. believe me, psych wards are a lot better than lock down rehabs, and I thought I would be placed in a group home. didn't work. I did eventually get kicked out.

and by the way, I'm in no way emo, goth, or whatever stereotypes you numbnuts can think up. I've had a really shitty life, and self-harm was a way to deal with those issues. it's a coping mechanism, a really, really bad one.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jun 17, 2007,
Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!! Lolzzzzzzorz!!!!!!11111!!!11!!1!11!!!!!11mesterbeht Is Teh Roxxxxxorrrrzzzzzzzz!!!!1!!!!11111!!!!!
Two of my very close friends used to cut, and they don't do it for attention. People who cut for attention or pity are ****ing idiots who seriously need to be punched, nothing makes me angrier than people like that.

The people who actually see cutting as a way to help them need help, not scorn. They don't go around and show off about it, they hide it and see it as shameful.

But yeah, the idiots who do it for attention can have bricks thrown at them for all I care. Seriously, nothing pisses me off more.
Who dat?
there are sometimes when it is better to be in agony than feel nothing. if you've never felt the nothing, you will never understand the agony.
**** emo and we dont care, and in a yaer there will be none left, lalalalala man i love that song "**** emo" by cheap sex hilarious i really do not like meo people i thik there misguided pre-pubecent girl who want to be different by dressing like everyone else, anyways cutting hmmm.

some do it for attention, other are serious about it and its like a drug for them and can get phycologicaly addictive (like masterbation) either way tis bad
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
self mutilation is a sin!!!
Gear:
Quote by k1ng_pooh
**** emo and we dont care, and in a yaer there will be none left, lalalalala man i love that song "**** emo" by cheap sex hilarious i really do not like meo people i thik there misguided pre-pubecent girl who want to be different by dressing like everyone else, anyways cutting hmmm.

some do it for attention, other are serious about it and its like a drug for them and can get phycologicaly addictive (like masterbation) either way tis bad

I really do not like people who don't use proper grammar and English
Quote by x0rsist

Most emos don't care about sinning, I'm not saying most emo's are satanic, some are though.
Quote by x0rsist

So's your face.

Sometimes it's an attempt at suicide. Others, it's just a cry for attention. Either way, it's when you hurt so bad, that you'll do anything to make it stop, even introducing a completely different sort of pain. I don't support or do it, but I know kids who do. I almost disrespect them for not being able to find another more constructive way of letting go.
I completely disrespect those kids who are like 'oh ****ing emos I ****ing hate emos'
Those sort of ignorant pricks really irk me.
Quote by Smokey Amp
So's your face.

:O
S'pose im gunna have to cut it off now..
Gear:
I fail to see how generic teenage angst is relieved by cutting. Explanations such as "it makes them think of the physical pain" are absolutely hilarious yet sadly retarded at the same time. If they want to get pleasure or something from it, they should just do drugs instead of something significantly more idiotic such as cutting. Maybe when dying people in 3rd world countries begin cutting because of the pain they experience in their lives, then I will see it as a behaviour to relieve pain. Until then, it's just idiotic teenage angst bull****.
Quote by AzureNight
I fail to see how generic teenage angst is relieved by cutting. Explanations such as "it makes them think of the physical pain" are absolutely hilarious yet sadly retarded at the same time. If they want to get pleasure or something from it, they should just do drugs instead of something significantly more idiotic such as cutting. Maybe when dying people in 3rd world countries begin cutting because of the pain they experience in their lives, then I will see it as a behaviour to relieve pain. Until then, it's just idiotic teenage angst bull****.

Endorphins are the most accurate explanation. Endorphins relieve pain, therefore by cutting themselves, they remove some of their emotional pain at the same time.

And drugs are so much better than cutting
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by AzureNight

it's a well documented psychiatric problem, not just "teenage angst bullshit." however, some think it makes them "cooler," and flaunt their pussy-ass "scars" for attention. I hate those kind of people. they minimize the real issues others face.
Quote by Black Star
Endorphins are the most accurate explanation. Endorphins relieve pain, therefore by cutting themselves, they remove some of their emotional pain at the same time.

And drugs are so much better than cutting

Yes, I'm sure they do. I say euthanize them instead, then they'll have no pain at all and spare the world of their douche baggery.
Quote by AzureNight
Yes, I'm sure they do. I say euthanize them instead, then they'll have no pain at all and spare the world of their douche baggery.

so, let's kill all the people who have severe depression, psychosis, and manias, as opposed to getting them treatment?
Quote by AzureNight

I say you go straight to Hell. It's not just teenage attention-whores that do it. Ever hear of depression?

EDIT: And besides, it has nothing to do with you. If you haven't been affected by it in any way (friend/family doing it), you have no right to say "they should be euthanized". Let them carry on with their business if you're just going to bash them anyways.
Quote by MuffinMan
Last edited by Black Star at Jun 17, 2007,
90% of the people that do it nowadays are striving for attention, trying to be cool, or trying to be "different." The rest have a serious problem and it tends to be a "punishing" thing.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Who doesn't? Non-emos hate them and Emos hate themselves... so who does that leave to like them?

Jesus?
Ben