Basically I open this thread to see what people think of this Roland product.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=592&ParentId=53

It seems like a very effective way of getting different sounds without buying expensive synthesizer's. I mainly want to buy this to get differen't sounds, I live in a crapass part of Arizona and no one here takes music as serious as I do so I don't have anyone to play with, that is at my level. Does anyone have this? I haven't even seen these in stores around the area.

Now here is an clip of it being used.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNUHsbdUdx8

They are around 350$ used. I think they are around 500$ brand new. I'd like your opinions as fellow guitarist if this product is worth the money. Thank you much, George.
Quote by georgeazguitar
Basically I open this thread to see what people think of this Roland product.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=592&ParentId=53

It seems like a very effective way of getting different sounds without buying expensive synthesizer's. I mainly want to buy this to get differen't sounds, I live in a crapass part of Arizona and no one here takes music as serious as I do so I don't have anyone to play with, that is at my level. Does anyone have this? I haven't even seen these in stores around the area.

Now here is an clip of it being used.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNUHsbdUdx8

They are around 350$ used. I think they are around 500$ brand new. I'd like your opinions as fellow guitarist if this product is worth the money. Thank you much, George.
looks really cool
especially the singing part lool

id get it if i had the money
get it!
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Quote by anoreorcist12
i watched one with a church organ. it was actually quite hilarious.

Haha yeah, I showed it to my friend and he thought it was dubbed.
the EHX guitar synths are all better (HOG, POG, Micro Synth) but not as versatile, also a lot of the older roland models are better ass well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It sounds awesome, but looks really dumb stuck on the guitar like that, imo.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You can prob put it on the back of the guitar. Doesn't matter much though haha.

No one seems to know about these synths...
The more I started thinking about it the less I want it now. Just doesn't seem like I would implement it into my music alot.
i was looking into one of these.

you cant put the pickup on the back of the guitar. it still has to pick up the string frequencies, its just picks them up seperately through the split pup.

some of the GR20 sounds are a bit cheesy, i would prefer to get a GI20 . it works with the GK pickup and turns the signal into midi, which is infinitely more useful. with the GR20, im not sure that you can load your own synths through it. i think you are stuck with the sounds there are already on it, which is why the GI20 seems so much more versatile (although it probably doesnt have any in built synth capabilites)

but with the GI20, you can just plug it into a computer (or whatever midi device) and then the world is your oyster.
i want one to use with Absynth and Pro53. that would be so badass to get those sort of sounds out of a guitar.

and the GI20 records your playing as midi data, which would be sooooo helpful for recording
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
the probllem with the the full MIDI one is that it usually has lag and plus good synths are usually in the $800-$2500 range.

Last.fm
I wonder could you get something that would do just the vocal part? i'd love something that could do that!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
is the latency on the GI20 that bad?

i've got enough synths, so thats not an issue. id wanna know if the latency makes it unusable live.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by FunkasPuck
is the latency on the GI20 that bad?

i've got enough synths, so thats not an issue. id wanna know if the latency makes it unusable live.

I've heard mixed reports, I think it really depends on how fast you play and what kind of rig it's going through, if you are playing moderately slowly and going straight to one synth it shouldn't be unusable.

Last.fm
does anyone have problems with vol loss when you change patches with the GR20? I seem to lose vol. then I have to twist my vol knob back and forth to regain it everytime I chane from one patch to another. Any suggestions