I am going to make a thread about my Journey into guitar, my influences, and what actually got a guitar in my hands.

When I was a kid my dad always listened to awesome bands. I grew up with rock, and simply started to love it. I really think how you live your life SOMETIMES can be from the music you listen to. Even though I am quiet different from the STEREOTYPICAL rocker.

Influences Right now
AC/DC
Tenacious D
Jane's Addictions
Heart (Specifically: Crazy on You, and Barracuda)
The Who (Specifically Pinball Wizard)
Nirvana
Rush
Primus
And a few I have yet to name

What really got the guitar into my hands were Guitar Hero, and Tenacious D. Please do not mistake me for some guy who just started to play Guitar Hero though and go, "I wanna play guitar." I just happened to start getting into music a lot more, and found out some of my friends played guitar. Soon I picked up the guitar, and am managing a band right now, seeing how I am not good enough YET to actually have any parts, although I am righting a few catchy things right now, and am getting better.

Guitar Club
The real thing that got me LEARNING was how a few kids started an after school program, Guitar Club. It took place 3:00pm - 4:00pm every Wednesday, immediately after school. It started out small, then grew, and then a few people dropped out of it. I came in a little late in the year, but went to quiet a few, in the end it was about 6 dedicated people. All we needed was a teacher to supervise us.

Now I am in a band, and rocking as hard as ever. I eagerly encourage people to start a guitar club at the beginning of next school year, you will be astounded by how many people would like to and know how to play guitar. All it takes is you and about 5 kids to find a teacher. I highly encourage this, after finding guitar my life has gotten a lot better, and I find it gave me the confidence to talk to women easier.
Last edited by Funcoot at Jun 17, 2007,
How interesting..? What makes you think that we want to read about your "journey" into guitar?
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Cool... good for you
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
How interesting..? What makes you think that we want to read about your "journey" into guitar?

If you don't care, don't post, read the rest before you start replying with useless words. There is a message in the end.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
*Yawn*. Thanks for the insight into your boring yet very beautiful life. I was truly inspired, truly. Guitar Club = bunch if kids in a guitar club. Does that make sense, yes it does. I was to lazy to think of an insult so I stated the obvious in a non insulting kind of way. Now tell your friends about me or I'll shi* on your head.
Be cool.
messages are for people who care.

if you want to make this into a book, im sure a few people will buy it!
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Quote by thedude051
*Yawn*. Thanks for the insight into your boring yet very beautiful life. I was truly inspired, truly. Guitar Club = bunch if kids in a guitar club. Does that make sense, yes it does. I was to lazy to think of an insult so I stated the obvious in a non insulting kind of way. Now tell your friends about me or I'll shi* on your head.

Hey, I remember you, you sent me recordings of you Epiphone LP100
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
well if it makes you feel any better I liked it

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Funcoot
If you don't care, don't post, read the rest before you start replying with useless words. There is a message in the end.

I'll post whenever I want, thank you very much.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by Funcoot
Hey, I remember you, you sent me recordings of you Epiphone LP100
Epiphone LP100 ftw

Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
that cool my dad bought me my first guitar (fender acoustic) when i was like 10 ive been hooked ever since, im in a band too and **** am i awesome =]
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
don't flame the kid if he wants to share his noobness let him.
I think its a cool idea and he's got balls
He's been on here long enough to know what posting in the pit is gonna get him
Jam on kid
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Woohoo...?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Jackal58
don't flame the kid if he wants to share his noobness let him.
I think its a cool idea and he's got balls
He's been on here long enough to know what posting in the pit is gonna get him
Jam on kid

Oh boy, trust me, it is nothing compared to http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/
I am used to it, and usually ignore it. Thanks for understanding.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Being a Rocker is the ****.

1 thing I love about being a rocker is how pwnt homos listening to rap look when they pull up to me listening to their lame rap and hear Zeppelin or White Stripes blasting from my car. LOL.

Start listening to Zeppelin if you havent.

Page Owns.

Guitar hero is l33t.

Learn the into to crazy on you.
"TONE ADDICT"
Quote by DARTH HAX
Start listening to Zeppelin if you havent.

Page Owns.

Zeppelin Forever