Is the Peavey ValveKing 212 like the best tube amp for decent distortion n gain, as well as a nice clean tone for its price (under £350)??? Because I was going to buy one to replace my roland cube 60 as I am now gigging.
I'm only Welsh, give me a break!!

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Airline 2P DLX
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender Strat
Yamaha FG 450SA

Peavey ValveKing 212
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop SW95 Crybaby
Shit load of Picks
No. Get the Laney VC30 instead. You could get the 1x12 for under £300 at GAK, or you could go for the 2x12 for about £375. Much better amp than the Valveking, and 30W is plenty of gigging power.

Or you could step up to the Marshall DSL401 for £389 if you really feel you need more wattage.

The Valveking is strictly a budget amp, and really not that great a deal in the UK.

edit: why are you looking at a £350 amp when an hour and a half ago your budget was £600/700? Cheaping out on the amp is a bad plan.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Jun 17, 2007,
i over-estimated how much i had in my bank lol
I'm only Welsh, give me a break!!

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Airline 2P DLX
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender Strat
Yamaha FG 450SA

Peavey ValveKing 212
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop SW95 Crybaby
Shit load of Picks
I think the 212 is way better than the 112, but if I were you, I'd see if I could check out a randall rg50tc, or a b-52 amp. Much better than the VK's.

But since you're in Europe, most logical choice would be to check laney and marshall, right? I second the VC30 recommendation.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra