So yeah, uh, what the hell is your point?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Its not just custom, its a Baritone (bigger body) with removed binding, a moved toggle switch, a killswitch, and a stormtrooper tone knob.
Overrated.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Shattuck
Its not just custom, its a Baritone (bigger body) with removed binding, a moved toggle switch, a killswitch, and a stormtrooper tone knob.

How do you make the body bigger?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
How do you make the body bigger?

Either magic or you have gibson make one for you.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Yeah, its custom made by Gibson because he's 6'4" and has huge hands, so a normal sized guitar is harder for him to play.
Quote by Vanquish
Overrated.

A guitarist who almost no one has heard of is overrated? That's interesting.
Quote by Shattuck
Yeah, its custom made by Gibson because he's 6'4" and has huge hands, so a normal sized guitar is harder for him to play.

I'd heard he was closer to 6'6 or 6'7. 6'4 isn't that abnormally tall.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Shattuck

Does he use standard tuning or does he use baritone type tuning?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Does he use standard tuning or does he use baritone type tuning?

Standard, usually, I think.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by -heartbreaker-
Let's see some pics of this guitar!

Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
He uses standard. It isn't a Baritone I don't think, I have heard it is just a longer scale neck, aren't Baritone a different tuning? Anyway, it is because of his freakish finger length.

Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Nope, its a baritone, it does have a larger scale neck because of that though. And yes, Baritones have a slightly different tuning but he tunes it to Standard.
edit for wrong infos
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Last edited by SublimeGuitar at Jun 17, 2007,
Actually that was Axl on his departure from G'n'R. He was never in RHCP, he auditioned however and they really liked his playing but wanted someone who could "kick a groove".
Quote by Vornik
A guitarist who almost no one has heard of is overrated? That's interesting.

Where have you been <_<?
I'm back, you douchebags.
His transient lifestyle? Is he like a partier or druggie or something?

Or could he really just never talk and actually act like a robot?
Guitar:
Amplifier:
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
I actually like the neck with no inlays. Looks cool. Also, what is on his volume and tone knobs? Why does he only have 3?
Be cool.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Where have you been <_<?

Ask all your friends if they've heard of Buckethead. Chances are, less than a quarter of them have.
Quote by Lightitup
His transient lifestyle? Is he like a partier or druggie or something?

Or could he really just never talk and actually act like a robot?

B.
Quote by thedude051
I actually like the neck with no inlays. Looks cool. Also, what is on his volume and tone knobs? Why does he only have 3?

I'm assuming he has two tones and one volume. Some guitars only have one tone or one volume, some have one of each, some have two of each.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Actually its only two, he has a volume knob that is just a clear dial, a tone knob with a stormtrooper head on it, his toggle switch (it was moved), and his killswitch.
Quote by Vornik
Ask all your friends if they've heard of Buckethead. Chances are, less than a quarter of them have.

B.

All of my guitarist friends know who Buckethead is. Hes a very well known guitarist. Ever since he toured with GNR and Guitar Hero 2 came out, many non guitarists have heard of Buckethead.
Quote by One Way Ticket
All of my guitarist friends know who Buckethead is. Hes a very well known guitarist. Ever since he toured with GNR and Guitar Hero 2 came out, many non guitarists have heard of Buckethead.

So, I still don't see how the guy is over rated. You still haven't given us one thing that shows how he is over rated. IMO, I think he lives up to this name.
Be cool.
Quote by Shattuck
Actually its only two, he has a volume knob that is just a clear dial, a tone knob with a stormtrooper head on it, his toggle switch (it was moved), and his killswitch.

What type of killswitch is it? I havent seen one ever like that.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by thedude051
So, I still don't see how the guy is over rated. You still haven't given us one thing that shows how he is over rated. IMO, I think he lives up to this name.

Are you talking about how I said I didnt like him from the older thread, or did you misqoute me in this thread? I didnt say he was overrated in this thread, I just said he's well know.
Its a homemade killswitch, you can get the stuff to make one for about 4 bucks from radio shack, you just need the button (easier to use than a toggle switch and lets you still use both pickups), some wiring, and butt connectors, along with a bit of technical know-how. There are alot of guides on how to do it available, its nothing fancy really.
Quote by Shattuck

I don't think so, the normal toggle switch is still in the top right.
Guitar:
Amplifier:
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Lightitup
I don't think so, the normal toggle switch is still in the top right.

No it's not. He moved it. There's a little cap there now.
I'm just gonna let you off with having your thread closed, but next time, if you have nothing to say, don't say it smart one.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure