im sorry but yes another what should i buy thread sorry

okay so my cheap 30watt amp blew out so im looking for a new amp
im pretty sure im not going to be gigging or anything, i just play bass for my own pleasure.
so ive been looking at the ampeg BA115... is that a good choice for me right now? i tried it out a few days ago and i really like the tone. but should i spend more money and get a bigger amp?
does a bigger wattage amp sound better at the same lower volume? (i wont be playing loud)

>_< i really suck at explaining stuff so it all come down to:
is the BA115 good enough? or will a bigger wattage(more expensive) ampeg give a better tone? or is the money just for the loudness?

oh yeah and if theres a better 100watt(or around) amp that you guys think is better around 400bucks please point me in that direction

thanks
Fender 210/100. Or a guitar amp. You can keep clarity and tone if you play htrough one of those, and you can play louder without bothering your neighboors.
1) Do not buy a guitar amp
2) For that price it's between the Fender Rumble 100, the BA115 and the GK Backline. You need to try out those. They are all 100 watts I think (the GK might be a little more but the price is higher too). Thats about what you got, if you liked the BA115 go for it. Especially if you're not doing anything particular with it and just kind of playing by yourself.
Don't do the Gk backline, it is cheaper model for a reason.... i personally use GK only, but no back line. for the smaller size the ampeg is an amazing choice, you already said you liked the tone, so what is there to loose?
thanks a lot guys
i just needed to make sure ill be making the right choice.

now i can buy it with confidence, again, thanks alot
That Ampeg may be the one that is notorious for being noisey. I will edit my post after I check.

The GK Backline= no

The Fender Rumble 100 = yesw/2x10's , but more vintage type sounds. Still good though.

Ok, I just checked on the Ampeg BA 115 and that's the one that I know 3 people with them that have noise issues with. Noisey line outs also. We had one in the studio once and we had to make shure nothing was plugged into it even when it was off , because we would get some signal feeding through it to the mixer. Now with that being said, maybe Ampeg has delt with this problem since .

Anyway, go try the Ampeg and the Fender and regardless of the noise issue , I guaranty you will like the Fender 2x10 more out of these two.
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.
Last edited by Chromemoly at Jun 18, 2007,
^ thanks

but i hear that 2 smaller speakers give a more trebely tone?
im more of a deep bassy sound person

if they happen to have that ill try it out, but im pretty sure theyll still have the ampeg, thanks
Quote by xninja
^ thanks

but i hear that 2 smaller speakers give a more trebely tone?
im more of a deep bassy sound person

if they happen to have that ill try it out, but im pretty sure theyll still have the ampeg, thanks

I am more of a 12 and 15 man myself, but there is plenty of bass pumping out of those 2x10's , I was impressed. I don't even think much of Fender bass amps usually.

Good Luck and happy hunting.
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.