Hey UG,
I'm looking around the internet for potential secondary guitars that I could mod out. I already have a strat, and I'm looking for a mahogany bodied electric. I was looking on ebay for used Epi SG's, and I found a sweet sg copy (body is slightly different though, looks cool though). So I was wondering, which brand has better neck, body, bridge, etc? Nothing really else matters. Naturally, i'll be replacing pups and tuners probably.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Linkies to the auctions?

The Agile Valkyrie isn't amazing, but then again, neither are Epis in that price range. I'd probably go for the Agile if I had to choose.
i bought one of the agile LP copies, they arent bad at all. i can't tell much difference between it and the gibson lp studio i play when i go to guitar center.

it was really cheap, like 99 bucks.
I'd go for an Epi G400. With a pickup swap it'll be quite awesome, no need to replace the tuners... it has Grovers
All right. I guess epis are worth more anyways.
Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the agile would be good, but to be honest....i just love epi SG's my friend has one with gibby pickups in it and you'd never know it was an epi, it's an amazing guitar, the G-400 not just for the price either
The Valkyrie III just doesn't look as aggressive as the G-400. I dunno what it is, maybe the rounded edges on the cutaways or something... but it doesn't.

I like the G-400. I think I'm gonna get one soon
From my experience with Agile, I would choose that over the Epiphone any day without any consideration.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
You might wanna take a look at a Samick Torino.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.