I saw once on a sitcom where people used those rentable storage units for places to hang out. It got me thinking if you could use those for band practicing too.

I guess i should start off with the question, would it even be possible to use a storage unit for that kind of use? would the company allow it? Do they even have electricity?

The only reason im asking is 1) i thought it'd be a cool little hang out with like couch's and everything if they are big enough. 2) the parents of the house that we practice at now are getting kinda pissed at the noise and we might need to find somewhere new. we are kinda having trouble finding a place.

would any of you use one of them if you had to? idk if its a good idea or not.

im open to everything, just dont be a jerk and flame me. its just a simple question and theres no reason not to be polite about this.

thanks
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
well first they are really expensive for a big one... and the ones that i have seen dont have out lets for electricity. so i dont think that would be a good place to practice.
haha i saw that one too, and wasnt it "yes dear"?

and the guy next door has a starwars hang out spot

its a good idea, idk if they have electricity tho... :/
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Yea, my friends do that for their band. they can play whenever they want
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
The sound probably wouldnt be amazing unless you put carpet down for clarity and maybe some sort of foam on the walls. It would be cool though.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

if you got with no electricity you could always run a few extention cords.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by dustinrhocks4
if you got with no electricity you could always run a few extention cords.

from where?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

why dont you just ring up a few places and enquire...would be alot quicker, and that way youd know things like, acces to power, can u play loud, and how much.
do it if you like to smell piss
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
my dad has a storage unit and i remember once i was helping him unload some crap into it and some guy had a unit FULL of lego stuff...like buildings and ****...and the guy was in his 40s at least ahaha....no power tho...
Quote by Hot 'Lanta
my dad has a storage unit and i remember once i was helping him unload some crap into it and some guy had a unit FULL of lego stuff...like buildings and ****...and the guy was in his 40s at least ahaha....no power tho...

lol random ftw
Yeah great idea. In underoaths early days they used to do this as it didnt annoy the neighbours.
Quote by j.pagejr.
if im in a rush then its in the water but if i have time to be precise i aim for the side

Quote by Shredder6
you guys stand up?