Now I know the studio is obviously a better guitar simply b.c of price here, but are these two guitars hugely different? Like i can get the studio if i scrap hard for it, or if i get the tempest and change pickups i hear its nearly the same for basically half the price. any input would be awesome. and yes ive played both but I may be missing **** i have no idea
well if you played both, why not tell us which one played better for you?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I would say get the schecter tempest and change the pickups, but then again I just love Schecters.
get the tempest custom in white and change the pickups to some dimarzios, that would be a sexy guitar!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
I say go for the Tempest, because with the gibson you will be paying for the name mostly, plus with the cash you saved, you have an endless amount of modding possibilities.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

well honestly id take the Les Paul better tone, Schecters are cool, but les pauls are easily more versitle and hands down apart of making some of the most historic tones, and with a LP studio your not paying for gibsons name, studios are like $1000-1200 now, they cost about $600 to produce in cost and labor, and it comes down to the point of do you want les pauls name on your guitar or mike tempesta
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
alot of reviews say the schecters are probably the best guitars for the price range, i would buy the schecter and replace the pick ups and then do a set up change
schecter i think, hands down. it's better to get a high end schecter than a low end gibson, and in the end of the day with the remaining money you could buy any mod you want, really.

i'd go for schecter if i was you.
studios really arent low end gibsons and tempest customs arent really high end shecters. theyre diamond series, which for the price good guitar, Elites and Hellraisers are high end schecters, I still say studio will give you a better tone even if you mod the schecter
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Depends on the guitar. Schecter are good guitars and you can expect good workmanship, good materials, etc. With Gibson, on the other hand, you never know what you're getting. Two "identical" $2000 guitars can be side by side on the rack. One is a total dreamy guitar, and the other is a total dud.

If it's a 'good' Gibson, regardless of it being a Studio (NOT a low end guitar by any stretch of the imagination - price tends to affect peoples' perceptions), then it will be a much better guitar than the Schecter. The thing is, you have to play the Gibson to see how it sounds and feels, and examine if closely for problems before paying for it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^^^again you come in with words of wisdom, the guitars should be played first, because with any company you can infact get a lemon
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
thanks alot guys for feedback. lp studio is 1200. thing is im not playing a whole lot of metal so maybe shecter isn't for me? are there any fenders up to/around price of 800 that compare well too?
Quote by thoranium
thanks alot guys for feedback. lp studio is 1200. thing is im not playing a whole lot of metal so maybe shecter isn't for me? are there any fenders up to/around price of 800 that compare well too?

Just because you only see metal players playing schecters, doesnt mean its a guitar only for metal. What kind of music do you play anyways?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

i play mainly rock and some metal not much. ie. deftones, saosin, at the drive-in, dance gavin dance . so i use a lot of distortion
hmm, well if you were you, i would buy the tempest and stick in these duncan pickups . They are not low output and not to high output, so they can handle cleans well, while still retaining a sweet tone with distorting IMO. Would probably be as good, if not better, than the gibson, especially for the price.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

sublime it comes with the duncan designed version of those, and to be honest, there's not much difference in the tone and output of them ( i have a real set in my LP), the real ones are a tad bit more defined sound to be a little higher output
Quote by Chad11491
sublime it comes with the duncan designed version of those, and to be honest, there's not much difference in the tone and output of them ( i have a real set in my LP), the real ones are a tad bit more defined sound to be a little higher output

Ahh thanks for clearing that up
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

so you dont recommand new pickups then? are there any pickups i could get that would make it hot
what about a Classic? i have one, i got it for 700 and its one of the most veristile guitars ive ever played. and its gorgous. I would recomend that one
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
you could look into duncan diablos, distortions, dizmario has super distortions, as well as steve vais signature p/us, id still stick with an LP, the tempest is schecters version of an LP style guitar, not so much in looks but in tone, and it really doesnt capture an LP tone, it has a pretty good tone but imo an LP still sounds better
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
The Duncan JB/Jazz set recommended earlier would sound great. I installed those in my Gibson because I wanted it to be my versatile guitar, rather than all my other guitars loaded with EMGs and geared for metal. I can get all kinds of great rock tones, and it can easily do metal if required.

This is what my LP Studio sounds like with its Duncans: http://www.myspace.com/societyssorrow
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^^ that is actually my favriote set, i use that in my LTDs right now, i assumed he meant something with higher output
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
my gear//